Snow Buhler Snow Blowers?

/ Buhler Snow Blowers? #1  

MikeyB

Silver Member
Tractor
JD 3320
I am currently looking at a Buhler Farm King snowblower made in Canada. It is the 60" model for my 3320. Anyone have any information or experience with these? I have a third scv and would plan on getting the hydraulic option for the chute rotation. I can almost guarantee that if I buy this it will never snow again in Colorado! I spent many hours moving large snowdrifts from my 400'+ drive last year with the loader and am looking for a quicker option.

Regards,
Mike

/ Buhler Snow Blowers? #2  
Mike-

What are they asking for the unit (with and w/out the hydraulic chute)?

/ Buhler Snow Blowers?
The snowblower is for sale by someone who imports them by the truckload from Canada. The 60" model is $1700 and the hyraulic chute adds another $250 or so for the cylinder, chute rotation assembly, and hoses, qc tips, etc.

Mike

/ Buhler Snow Blowers? #4  
I just brought a 50" Buhler Allied home today. I'm very impressed with the way it is designed and built. Those are better prices than I was able to find here and in upstate NY.
If you do get one, I'd love to see a picture of how the cylinder is mounted for the hydraulic deflector.

/ Buhler Snow Blowers? #5  
I don't know much about anything but I'm gonna chime in. I was thinking a rear PTO snowblower might be a good option for me, and saw that a local tractor shop has a new Econor E48, manual deflector, for $1795. The size, HP requirements and weight are just right to use with my X744, and I can still use my front JB Sr. It would be about $1000 less than the 47 snowblower option for the front mount. I have heard that Canadian made snowblowers are built very well, so comparing your deal to the one that I looked at, you just might be getting a good deal with the Buhler.

/ Buhler Snow Blowers? #6  
Check with Buhler. They should be able to supply you with a dealer location in your area.:D

/ Buhler Snow Blowers? #7  
Mikey,

I have this exact blower on my 3320. I bought it used for $1,300.00 + tax. See my photo link below.

It has only snowed twice this season, and both were very light. On one occasion I plowed a bunch of it up so that I could blow it away. The blower seemed to handle it very well, as did the tractor.

Best of luck.

KB

/ Buhler Snow Blowers? #8  
Hi MikeyB, I bought a Buhler/Farmking YC5010 snowblower with a hand crank instead of the hydrolic system. I can see how the hydrolic system could be a real advantage, cuz it's the one thing I'd like to change about my blower.

I first got it with my JD2305 but I've since upgrade my tractor to the JD2520 (kept all the attachments...loader, ballast, BB, snowlblower)

I've been very pleased with its performance. Generally, when it comes to snow clearing in my yard, I like to push the piles to the side with the boxblade and FEL, then periodically remove them with the blower when they get too big. By the time this happens, the piles are usually quite hard and settled. It's never had a hard time working its way through, plus I find it shoots it quite far with the 2-stage system.

I found with the 2305, I was reaching the limit of the size/capability of the tractor and traction before I ever felt that the snowblower was reaching its limits. I have yet to devour any large snow piles with the 2520. Biggest pile I cleared so far was approx 10-12 yards worth of snow. Normally, it's a 20 yard pile before I get around to blowing it away. I have no doubt that the Buhler will handle the task admirably. In fact, I've been hoping for a big snow. i'd be a happy man if we got 3' tonight!! (Ring ring.. ring ring... hello, I won't be coming into work today..he he he... and off I'd go a playin')

Also, I find the build quality to be fairly good, plus it's quite heavy. The 50" is just over 400 lbs. The other thing I like is it has a fairly high cutting height at 25".

Allied Snowblowers - Buhler Industries Inc.

Good luck with your decision.

Gord

/ Buhler Snow Blowers?
Thanks for the posts. I am still finaglling with the seller. He also has 2 stage Lorenz blowers for sale as well. Anyone have experience with them? A 60" Buhler with hydraulic chute control would run me about $2100. Still mulling it over. Compared to last year, this year has been pretty sparse as far as snow is concerned. Got about 6" today but the wind wasn't blowing so no drifts. We are used to the 5-7' drift height so this was no biggee. But I'm sure our day will come once again! Going to ride my KTM in Moab the next few days, hopefully I'll have some replies.

Regards,
Mike

/ Buhler Snow Blowers?
Gordnovo,

I believe the unit I am looking at is only a 1 stage system. Correct me if I'm wrong, it just has an auger and than a fan that blows it through the chute. Is this a 1 stage system? Thanks for any replies that know the definitions!?

Mike