Snow Keeping dry plowing snow

/ Keeping dry plowing snow #1  

etcallhome

Platinum Member
Tractor
JD 1026R
Just a few photos of my 2305, Amish made trailer, Original tractor cab,with my way of keeping warm, and new cutting edge of 54 JD Blade.
Sorry for so many photos but needed to show the upgrade of cutting edge, the original one was worn out after 2 years. Then I wanted to show how I keep warm with little cost. Yes I do run chains in winter because of slope of driveway and not wanting to replace garage doors plus plowing snow down beside house.

Attachments

• IMG_0107.JPG
    IMG_0107.JPG
    59.8 KB · Views: 1,121
  • IMG_0108.JPG
    IMG_0108.JPG
    57.5 KB · Views: 906
  • IMG_0109.JPG
    IMG_0109.JPG
    67.8 KB · Views: 805
  • IMG_0110.JPG
    IMG_0110.JPG
    68 KB · Views: 763
  • IMG_0111.JPG
    IMG_0111.JPG
    58.1 KB · Views: 761
  • IMG_0112.JPG
    IMG_0112.JPG
    59.7 KB · Views: 714
  • IMG_0113.JPG
    IMG_0113.JPG
    65.1 KB · Views: 729
  • IMG_0114.JPG
    IMG_0114.JPG
    47.9 KB · Views: 695
  • IMG_0115.JPG
    IMG_0115.JPG
    73.4 KB · Views: 866
   / Keeping dry plowing snow #2  
Very nice!!! I was all wet today on mine.

/ Keeping dry plowing snow #3  
That's great, I've been thinking more and more about a soft side cab, I especially like the mirrors.
I did upgrade to the canopy top, which does keep the upper body a little drier but the legs still get wet, gonna have to wear my rain pants, was coming down pretty good today and was nice not having it pile up on my head!

/ Keeping dry plowing snow
The mirrors was another option from Original Tractor Cab. They come in very handy especially plowing around cars in driveways or just going down the road and a car scares the s___ out of you .
Plus having the heater inside does get you warmer than nothing at all
I admit wind still gets in around the doors and your pedals but still nicer than doing without the cab.
Plus easy to take off during the summer mos when you don't need .I have tried leaving the top on but still to many tree branches and several clothes lines to go under.

/ Keeping dry plowing snow #6  
Any info on where to find a trailer like your's? The long tongue is a nice feature with your i-match. I moved my trailer tonight for the first time (hooked to the draw bar) and couldn't steer too sharply, or else the i-match would have cut into the front of the trailer.

Yes I had taken the sizes of 2-3 different factory made trailer to a gentleman in the Amish county Holmes county Ohio We talked about the size gauge of metal , size tires and a few other things I then asked him about a small manure spreader that he makes with steel wheels and set up for horses or steel wheels or rubber with tongue to hook on tractor.
I asked him just to copy from his and put the tires you see in photo
When I first seen it I thought I was going to hate the long tongue
I can have my ballast box on the quick hitch and still hook to the small tractor hitch and make turns.
Price appx 2 1/2 yrs ago 325 or 350.
The only thing he failed to do was to make trailer dump and would have corrected his error if I wanted to wait another 2-3 wks and make another trip with my trailer to haul this one back (200 miles) one way just near the wv,md line off I68
Heavier metal than factory all one piece from top edge one side to the other

The urethane seems pretty nice. would be quieter than the metal ones
My father in law put the same type cutting edge on his tractor appx 18 yrs ago It has worn down maybe 1/4" doing the church parking lot and 3-5 driveways a winter . Plus the one I put on was free the price is better yet
In the process of putting 3/4" belt webbing on each side of plow just to give some extra width. I'm not planning on leaving it touch the ground maybe run 1/4-to 1/2 in off the ground
A friend who has a 4110 with 54" says he likes it Adding 6" to both sides

I let you know What I think Bolting everything on so I can remove if need to.

/ Keeping dry plowing snow #9  
A google search for eurethane edges didn't find any sources. Any ideas?

/ Keeping dry plowing snow #10  
ragkar said:
A google search for eurethane edges didn't find any sources. Any ideas?
I have one: Look for urethane plow edges...;)

Here's an article about them...