JD 6220 vs. Kubota M8200

/ JD 6220 vs. Kubota M8200 #1  

Anonymous Poster

I am trying to decide between the JD 6220 and the Kubota M8200 both with MFWD and cab. Any advice? The Kubota is a lot cheaper and I am wondering if the JD is worth the extra money (around $10,000 difference). Thanks! Keith

/ JD 6220 vs. Kubota M8200 #2  
Are the 6220 and the 'bota apples and apples? What I mean is that I thought the 5520 was comparable to the m8200 in size, weight, pto hp. The 6220 is comparable in hp but is a step up in weight, options, features and is closer to a ag tractor than a utility tractor all though it could serve both purposes well. I think the 5520 is a better comparison to the 'bota. And your price difference will be a lot closer.

Gary

/ JD 6220 vs. Kubota M8200 #3  
Additionally, I don't know if it a concern of yours or not, but there can be quite a wait to get any of the 6000 series tractors unless your dealer has one on the lot. These tractors are made in Manheim Germany, and take quite a while to arrive on the boat.

/ JD 6220 vs. Kubota M8200 #4  
Our new truck was built in the USA and still took 8 weeks to get here. I wouldn't worry about the tractor being built overseas. If JD doesn't have one that meets his requirements on a lot somewhere or in the dealers pool then it might have to be built but it is worth the weight if you can afford the 6020 series. They are extremly nice machines and well built. My NH was built in Italy but there is a dealer pool in Baltimore where the tractors are shipped into and there are hundreds of them sitting there waiting to be shipped out to a dealer when someone needs one.