hello from newbee

/ hello from newbee #1  

rigby338

Tractor
1994 jd970,fel,66"bb,
Hello all you fellow TBN'rs. I got my 1994 JD 970, mfwd, 440 loader, 890hrs about a year ago.

I have been lurking and learning on TBN since. Figured it was about time to say hello.

Does anyone out there have experience with this model, good or bad?

Ayuh from Maine

/ hello from newbee #2  
Hello and welcome to TBN. I don't have any experience with your particular tractor, but hopefully someone who does will chime in.

/ hello from newbee #4  
Welcome, I'm fairly new myself, but I have learned plenty from reading these forums.

/ hello from newbee #5  
Rigby, I owned a JD 870 w/440 loader. The 870 and 970 are identical other than the 970 being more hp. I had the 1995 870 for 12 years and it was a good dependable tractor. It always did what I needed it to do and was never lacking on power. Over that 12 years I never had a bit of mechanical trouble with it. If something broke, it was because I broke it. I used mutliple attachments on this machine and it always did well. 440 front loader,8B backhoe,31B post auger w/ 24" auger,25A flail mower,660 roto tiller,390 front blade,506 rotary cutter and a landscape rake. NO complaints what so ever. The 870 had 2108 hours on it when I sold it a couple of months ago. The only reason I sold it was that I had bought a new JD3520 cab. I can't think of any short falls on my 870 and I think you will find the same of the 970 you have.
If you have any questions feel free to contact me here or you can email me at dirtworksequip@aol.com

Sincerely, Dirt

/ hello from newbee #7  
Welcome to TBN. I was through Belfast last fall...... sure is a beautiful area that you live in! I've never heard anything bad about the tractor you have either.....

/ hello from newbee #8  
rigby338 said:
Hello all you fellow TBN'rs. I got my 1994 JD 970, mfwd, 440 loader, 890hrs about a year ago.

I have been lurking and learning on TBN since. Figured it was about time to say hello.

Does anyone out there have experience with this model, good or bad?

Ayuh from Maine

Welcome

Post some pics - that will get the discussion going!

D.

/ hello from newbee #10  
I had a 95 870 4x4 with a 440 on it, real nice tractors. The only thing I ever heard was the clutch was known to stick. I always pushed it all the way down once or twice every time I drove it just to work the 2nd stage and keep it free. It has a yanmar engine, it's rock solid..