3-Point Hitch Three point hitch clearance on a 2520

/ Three point hitch clearance on a 2520 #1  

T185

Tractor
JD 2520 & JD 3039R
Had the dealer reverse the tires on my 2520 but I still notice the rear wheels are rubbing on the three point hitch:confused:

Does JD sell a rear spacer kit?

/ Three point hitch clearance on a 2520 #2  
DO you have an implement attached? If not, you can tighten the turnbuckles to fix the issue. You may also find that the arms don't rub if you raise or lower them. My chipper is a tight fit but doesn't rub when I've got it raised, other implements are fine.

/ Three point hitch clearance on a 2520
jdbower said:
DO you have an implement attached? If not, you can tighten the turnbuckles to fix the issue. You may also find that the arms don't rub if you raise or lower them. My chipper is a tight fit but doesn't rub when I've got it raised, other implements are fine.

I have my weight box attached to my three point hitch and in the spring it will be a rear mount finish mower and a brush hog.

/ Three point hitch clearance on a 2520 #4  
I guess that many folks are using i match which is a bit narrower, and gives a bit more clearance. It sure is tight back there though! :(

/ Three point hitch clearance on a 2520 #5  
The iMatch comment reminds me, if you add iMatch or something like Pat's EZ Change it will also push the implement back a bit further and may increase the clearance a bit.

Is your ballast box iMatch-compatible or is it a custom box? If it's custom, any chance you can reduce the distance between the attachment points?

/ Three point hitch clearance on a 2520
jdbower said:
The iMatch comment reminds me, if you add iMatch or something like Pat's EZ Change it will also push the implement back a bit further and may increase the clearance a bit.

Is your ballast box iMatch-compatible or is it a custom box? If it's custom, any chance you can reduce the distance between the attachment points?

Ballast box is from JD, I have a iMatch on order, should be in by the middle of this week. Hopefully that will fix my problem....:rolleyes:

/ Three point hitch clearance on a 2520 #7  
T185 said:
Had the dealer reverse the tires on my 2520 but I still notice the rear wheels are rubbing on the three point hitch:confused:

Does JD sell a rear spacer kit?

Hi T185, I've been pushing for my JD dealer to try to find me spacers for my rear tires, but no luck.

Some history: I bought JD tire chains for my 2520 a couple of weeks back and they've arrived at the dealer .. I was just about to pay for them and take them home BUT, I quizzed my dealer if they will actually fit cuz I've read there's a problem, so they inquired with "John Deere" directly. "John Deere" told them that I should not run chains on my rear tire becuase of the spacing. I'm not happy with this recommendation and so I'm getting my dealer to escalate this issue with "John Deere" becuase not being able to run chains for what I'm claiming is my 'commercial snow clearing' service is just not acceptable. Plus I'm not happy that those buckles need to be completely tight to avoid rubbing in summer conditions either.

If you happen to learn of JD spacers that will fit the 2520, please let us know.

GN

/ Three point hitch clearance on a 2520 #8  
Someone made a set, so I'm thinking there is a nice market for these! :)
Please whoever you were that made a set, make us more and sell them! :D

/ Three point hitch clearance on a 2520 #9  
T185 said:
Ballast box is from JD, I have a iMatch on order, should be in by the middle of this week. Hopefully that will fix my problem....:rolleyes:

T185 , once you get the IMatch and get it all centered up.
you will be fine. my wheels are set wide. and my 3 point arms
dont hit...;)

Chris...:)

/ Three point hitch clearance on a 2520 #10  
Mine are wide too, and the I-match is on. Ballast box still makes the arms "Tickle" the tires once in a great while. Its just annoying as heck!