John Deere Hydraulic Part Numbers

/ John Deere Hydraulic Part Numbers #1  

wmgeorge

Silver Member
Tractor
JD650
Can anyone point me to a online JD hydraulic part number to size reference? I'm wondering if the older JD tractors used JIC to metric pipe or standard US NPT pipe fittings?? Thank you.

/ John Deere Hydraulic Part Numbers #2  
I don't think anything like that exists, Define "older JD tractors".

/ John Deere Hydraulic Part Numbers #3  
As Kenny said - I haven't seen that resource. Unfortunately, hydraulics involves a lot of patience and willingness to learn. Also, a supplier close to your house helps for those runs back and forth :) However, a lot of good resources here (especially Kenny) and I would be happy to help if I can. Good Luck

Brad

/ John Deere Hydraulic Part Numbers
lincolnvt said:
As Kenny said - I haven't seen that resource. Unfortunately, hydraulics involves a lot of patience and willingness to learn. Also, a supplier close to your house helps for those runs back and forth :) However, a lot of good resources here (especially Kenny) and I would be happy to help if I can. Good Luck

Brad

This is for my JD650, which was made in Japan 1982. I'm in the process of planning to add remote hydraulic ports to the rear and need to order parts or find a source. Other than just removing said parts and driving around :confused: until I find someone who knows the fittings.

/ John Deere Hydraulic Part Numbers #5  
You will at least have to remove the fitting, and accurately measure it. There are just TO MANY kinds of fittings that it could be. Just to name a few:

JIC
NPT
ORB
BSPP

Do you have a local hydraulic shop? That's the resource I used when I added my rear remotes-they where able to help my identify the fittings I took with me, and then I learned to ID them (or SOME of them) by myself. There are some good online sources to help you ID it once you get it removed.