New to Me JD990

/ New to Me JD990 #1  

ejb17

Bronze Member
Tractor
JD 650, 4520
Been while a since I mentioned I was getting my new/used 990 with 44 hours on it. Now that I have had some time to snowblow and use the loader I can not believe what a difference compared to my old 850 and my Father in Laws 1050. I hope to post some pictures in the next day or two. But here is my question to all the green fans. I would like to add a 4 in 1 bucket or a grapple to the 300cx and know I have to add that circuit from the PB but the Deere website is kind of vague so I do not know how they control it? I was looking at the WR Long site and like the electric setup with the rocker switch on the handle. Can anyone clear me up on Deere's process and the Frontier 4-n-1? Does JD use the electric also for the 3rd circuit on the front of the loader and is the line kit from them mount up nicely? Lots of questions but I know you guys can help.

/ New to Me JD990 #2  
JD's answer to this is to sell you a rear remote kit, and then run hoses from the rear all the way to the front.

The WR Long product will fit your needs much better in the long run, unless you need the rear remote also...but it is much more convenient to use the joystick mounted switch IMHO:D

/ New to Me JD990
Finally got to posting some pics. Thanks in advance for any help to my questions. If anyone can chime in on 990 suggestions please do.

Attachments

• DSCN0005.JPG
    DSCN0005.JPG
    784.8 KB · Views: 412
  • DSCN0006.JPG
    DSCN0006.JPG
    805.7 KB · Views: 344
  • DSCN0007.JPG
    DSCN0007.JPG
    825.4 KB · Views: 319
   / New to Me JD990 #4  
That is a sharp looking tractor, I think those had the best looking front ends of all of them. I went from a 750 to a 870 which is the same as a 990 just less hp and your right big diff:D . Have fun, Jim

/ New to Me JD990 #5  
Nice machine ejb17. It certainly looks like it was worth the trip to Ohio(if my memory serves). That blower looks like it wiil handle any WNY lake effect snow you throw at it!

/ New to Me JD990 #6  
NIce BLower, wasnt aware that JD was still making a blower? Or is that an older molder blower? Looks beefey. I have a Metor 68" and its a nice blower, but workmanship is a bit lax, on some areas, likes to spit fines out all over, because the schute isnt snow tight.

/ New to Me JD990 #7  
Nice machine ejb. Sure looks like it shares a lot of sheet metal with my little 790. Anyone know for sure?

/ New to Me JD990
Landman,it is an older model blower from the 80's as far bas I know and I believe it was made by Mckee for JD. I found it sitting in the weeds next to an old gas station and stopped and got the guy to sell it to me. I put in new bearings,sprockets and chain and then had it sandblasted and painted while it was apart. It works good but there is a good sized gap between the fan and the housing so I am thinking a little fab work to close the gap and throw the snow a little farther. Robs-from little that I have seen some of the grille pieces are the same. Not sure about anything else.