5000 series wide bias radials?

/ 5000 series wide bias radials? #1  

SuperDutyDave

Bronze Member
Tractor
Deere 5525 Cab-MFWD Deere 244J Loader
I am ordering a new 5525 MFWD Cab Tractor.

Unfortunetly Deere does not offer on this series of tractors the same wide bias radials as they do optionally on the 6430 premium series tractors.
See here:
John Deere Ag - New Equipment Features for 6430 Premium Tractor (95 PTO hp)

I have inquired with my local Michelin dealer about a swap/trade for some wide bias tires. Really think they look great plus with much of the soft clay soil I must traverse I really would like at tire with less ground pressure and shallower bars, the Michelin Mulitbib is definitely the answer.
See here: http://www.michelinag.com/agx/enUS/products/product_detail_pages/Multibib.jsp

He has given me a quote of the following size for replacement of the stock tires that are coming on it.

Stock front 11.2-24
rear 480/80R30

Replacement Wide Bias Radial Michelin Multibib

Front 480/65R24
Rear 600/65R34

Question any of you have expirence with these tires?

Anyone know where I can get some rims to fit these tires at a decent price?
I need two 34"x18" rear rims and two 24"x14" front rims.

Any help on locating some rims and some general thoughts on this wide bias conversion would be helpful/interesting.

thanks

Dave

/ 5000 series wide bias radials? #2  
Your Deere dealer should be able to get you wider rims. Talk to the parts department about it if the salesman doesn't help you. I think you are going to have as much money tied up in new tires and rims as you do the tractor.

If you do insist on going with all new wheels could you order the tractor with no tires and rims? I know I have to choose what combo I want when I buy a new tractor but I have never asked about buying one without wheels. You will take a huge hit on those wheels if you try to trade them or sell them unless your dealer is willing to really help you with this.

Michelin makes what I feel is the best radial on the market but they have a price tag to match:(

/ 5000 series wide bias radials?
The tire dealer will take my tires back in trade for a decent price so the difference isn't terrible...the real variable cost is the wheels...scared at what those might cost me. Tractor is pretty pricey to start so an upgrade in tires and rims makes sense as long as it isn't 50% of the total cost

Really love the look of the 6430 with wide bias Michelins, can't justify that big a tractor though, and with the soil conditions I am working in the narrow R1's really leave some deep ruts...really hoping these wide bias shallower lugged radials will be an improvement.

Any others thoughts from others?

Dave

/ 5000 series wide bias radials? #4  
You could look up Titan tires i bought one of there wheels for a 3000 ford the dealer price was also good . They furnish alot of the new tires and wheels on major brands . The radial tires on a farm tractor is new to me but i bet they could be worth the extra . I would also get with your dealer and see if you could order the tractor with out tires and wheels.