300cx loader question

/ 300cx loader question #1  

itn

Tractor
john deere 3120
is their any way to add float to a 300 cx loader.it would be nice for pushing snow.

/ 300cx loader question #2  
Hi itn,

It does have the float functio--push the joystick up & to the right & you will feel it catch--can still curl the bucket but up & down is in float then.

Once you get a feel for it/break it in you'll find yourself engaging the float accidentally once in a while.

Try it with the machine turned off--may be easier to feel it engage.

Good luck!

/ 300cx loader question #3  
You don't need to add float..................it already has a float position. Push your loader lever sharply forward and it will go past the detent and into float.

Read your manual, there is a wealth of info about your tractor in it. You will be amazed at what you learn.

Sincerely, Dirt

/ 300cx loader question #4  
Yup, you already have it...

One tip, to avoid doing wheelies while practicing getting into float, raise the loader up about 4' in the air!

/ 300cx loader question #5  
To followup KennyD.....easiest way to "find" the float is to raise the bucket, then snap the joystick fully forward past the detent catch. If you were successful in setting it into the float mode, your bucket should slowly drop to the ground. If you did not get it into float the bucket will only drop a little because the joystick controller will spring back into a neutral position.

/ 300cx loader question
thanks for the info. i looked at both my manuals and must of not been looking in the correct information, all i could find was 3 point float. i will practice today- thanks.

/ 300cx loader question #7  
itn said:
is their any way to add float to a 300 cx loader.it would be nice for pushing snow.

I would also add that IMO float is a necessity for snow work on gravel or soft ground, unless you were an equipment operator with alot of experience, I know when I first tried it without using float I made a mess. On pavement you can get away without it, but it still does make it easier.
John,

/ 300cx loader question #8  
itn, sorry for the misinformation about float being in the manual. I too looked in both my manuals and could not find anything about the loader lever and float position. My apologies!

Sincerely, Dirt

/ 300cx loader question
thanks for all the help i was able to get the hang of it today. had plenty of time to practice i was skidding logs to heat my outside boiler. this site is a wealth of info!!!!!!!!