JD 4110 with 60" MMM

/ JD 4110 with 60" MMM #1  

joes_427_vette

Veteran Member
Tractor
IH Cub Lo Boy, 955 John Deere , TC 55 DA New Holland, Bolens HT 20 and 1456
The tractor is great. The mower attachment sucks. Not only is it hard to get on / off it only raises about 3". When leaving it on for other tasks I have to be so careful not to drag the mower through a low spot.
I was toying with the idea of mounting it ahead of the front wheels. Had I known in advance I would have purchased the rear mount mower.
Anyone have better luck with this combination ?

/ JD 4110 with 60" MMM #2  
I have been mowing with mine for almost 5 years now, and I think it's great! Removing/installing takes me about 4 minutes, so I never leave it on when doing loader work.

/ JD 4110 with 60" MMM #3  
Make sure your deck is getting pulled all the way up to the stopper on the deck. There is a ton of adjustment on the attaching brackets, and they could be off a bit...

But I agree with kenny, its on and off in minutes!

/ JD 4110 with 60" MMM
The mower was mounted on the dealers tractor. We switched it to mine and I didn't adjust anything. Maybe I need to go through from start to finish and make sure all the brackets are alligned properly. I felt the dealers mechanic would certainly have everything correct.
Kenny; how do you get your mower out from under the tractor ? I turn the guide wheels but still have to have a floor jack raise the front up 4-5 inches to clear the tires.

/ JD 4110 with 60" MMM #5  
If you are taking it off to use the bucket... Use the bucket to lift the tractor.

I always kept the wheels straight ahead on mine and slid it out. It was harder than rolling it out, but it worked.

/ JD 4110 with 60" MMM #6  
Joe, are you turning the tractors wheels full left, and pulling the deck out from the right? It's outlines to do that in the manual, I don't even bother to turn the anti-scalp wheels, it slides well enough over the concrete floor in the garage. My loader is not usually on-or if it is the bucket is not so I can't use it to raise the front wheels anyway...

Do you have the manual? I think you need to go all through the installation procedure if your not happy, there a quite a few adjustments that have to be made-and I bet your dealer did not do them or rushed it and that's why you are frustrated.

Let me know if I can help further...

/ JD 4110 with 60" MMM #7  
Dealers don't always do things right. On my LX4 brush hog, they installed the lift pins the wrong place. The LX4 wouldn't raise very high. I read the manual and moved the pins to the lower position. Raises fine now. If I crank the top leg shorter, it'll raise very high.

Ralph

/ JD 4110 with 60" MMM
I tried it from both ways and still a little short. That was the reason I was looking at a ZTR.
In spring I should just spend a day with the manual and play with the adjustments. I might be missing something. Thanks
* The sales man said they would be happy to take the deck in on trade. I bet the trading price is alot less than the buying price.

Got to play in 3" of fresh snow with the 6' hydro turn snow blade today. The hydro trans sure works well for plowing.

/ JD 4110 with 60" MMM #9  
Don't bother rotating the scalp wheels - they slide sideways easy enough without being rotated.
Deck goes in and out to the right side easiest.
Turn steering wheels 1/2 way to the left.

Installation:
Raise deck lift all the way up, drive tractor to spot convenient to deck.
turn front wheels about 1/2 way to the left
power down.
Slide deck under tractor
Connect PTO
Drop mower lift (tractor need not be started for this).
Engage rar lift bars.
Install front lift bars last.
power up, lift deck and go.

Removal is the reverse procedure:
park tractor convenient to where deck is stored
turn front wheels 1/2 to left and power down.
lower deck to ground
release front lift bars
disengage rear lift bars
role deck forward a couple of inches
disconnect PTO
power up tractor for a minute to raise lift mechanism up out of the way.
slide deck out the right side.

I agree should take less than 5 minutes to take on or off (not counting time to unbury the deck out from other stuff in the garage that has accumulated on top of it during the off-season.)

- Rick