Service Bulletins

/ Service Bulletins #1  

CVHoss

Gold Member
Tractor
J.D. 4400
Recently, Hoghead had a post about the rockshaft screen on his tractor and that his dealer was replacing it with a new & improved filter/screen. Original post is <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.tractorbynet.com/cgi-bin/compact/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=parts&Number=116349&page=&view=&sb=&o=&vc=1>here</A>.

My questions:
1. Does anyone know if J.D. has issued a service bulletin on this?
2. Does Deere have a location where an individual can look up service bulletins on the web?

The reason for my question is that while my dealer has been very good to work with to this point, and I've actually had very little trouble, they sometimes get a look of "disbelief" when I ask them about a potential problem that I've heard about on TBN and that J.D. has a "fix" for it. Case in point -- the problems with the batteries leaking acid onto the oil cooler. They could find no service bulletin referencing the problem. Even though I provided them with some printed copy from TBN detailing the problem and the J.D. "fix" (new vent cap assembly with a tube to below the tractor), they said they knew nothing about it and replaced the entire battery (didn't hurt my feelings). BTW, this new battery included the one piece vent cap that vented below the tractor. I would like to approach them about the potential problem with the rockshaft screen but would prefer to be prepared with a service bulletin number or other info if possible. Any help the TBN braintrust (John Miller III??) or any online dealers can give would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Hoss

/ Service Bulletins #2  
Hoss,
This is the closest I could find to a service bulletin,<A target="_blank" HREF=http://customer.deere.com/en_US/ag/servicesupport/tips/tractors/augusta-hst-oilfilter.html> this is from their web site click here</A>.Hope this helps.

/ Service Bulletins
Wally,
Thanks, but from my understanding of that page, they're talking about the change in the HST filter. I've already been that route after I drained the fluid in my tractor, went to the dealership, gave them the number from my owners manual, came back home and found that the new filter was considerably smaller than the one I took off. Apparently, they didn't want to run off "new" manuals to match some of the improvements they had made along the line and the numbers in the manual were incorrect. The service point that Hoghead was talking about in his post is the rockshaft screen located under the operators seat. You can see it here:
LVU11736_LO161.jpg

as opposed to the HST suction screen as seen here:
LVU11736_LO31.jpg

I'll keep pokin' around but I sure appreciate you taking the time to try and dig something up on this.

Hoss

/ Service Bulletins #4  
I just checked my JD 4300 rockshaft filter and there was a hole blown thru it (55 hrs). Looks like someone drove a scrrewdriver in the screen. I called my local JD dealer and they had never heard of this rockshaft filter and they could not find it on the computer. The Service Manager had no idea what I was talking about. I called John Deere's toll free number and talked to someone who gave me a part number after about 1/2 hour of looking. He said it was LVA12302. Could someone verify this. He also said the new 10 series tractors have been re-designed with a new filter assembly. Does anyone know of retrofits for the 4300 tractor?

Attachments

• 10-129145-fltr.jpg
    10-129145-fltr.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 148