Default john deere 71 planters

ANY IDEAS WHERE I CAN FIND PARTS FOR THE FLEXI PLANTERS THE DEALERS ACT LIKE THEY ARE TOO OLD OF A ITEM STOPPED MAKING IN 1962

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 4310

Default Re: john deere 71 planters

Does the dealer you talked to carry ag. equipmment or just the lawn and garden stuff?

Tractor
    Where do I begin.....

Quote Originally Posted by bob c
    ANY IDEAS WHERE I CAN FIND PARTS FOR THE FLEXI PLANTERS THE DEALERS ACT LIKE THEY ARE TOO OLD OF A ITEM STOPPED MAKING IN 1962
    The #71's were built and sold clear into the mid 1980's. MOST parts are still available. I bought a 4-row #71 planter NEW in 1979. I've bought parts as recently as last spring. Get a parts manual (off of EBAY? Or through Deere) and walk in the dealer with a list of part #'s you need.

Yetter Mfg. built the #71 for Deere. Yetter bought marketing rights and currently offers their own #71 planter units (black and white instead of green and yellow) If you run into a brick wall with your local Deere dealer, contact Yetter and ask for help.

1962 would have been about the time the #70 went out of production and the #71 unit came on the scene.
    There are three kinds of men;
    1.) The ones that learn by reading
    2.) The few who learn by observation
    3.) The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

NO IT WAS A LAWN AND GARDEN DEALER I WILL CONTACT A AG. DEALER THE ONLY REASON I THOUGHT THEY STOPPED MAKING THEM IN 1962 IS BECAUSE THE DEALER SAID SO I DO HAVE A PARTS MANUAL ON THE WAY THE PLATES ARE AVALABLE AT (LINCOLN AG PRODUCTS)

Tractor
    JD 5520, 790 TLB-- Kub L4300, B7800, MX5100

I'm not sure of the "numbers" but the JD Flexi-planter still made as of a couple years ago. I had some and bought parts at the local JD dealership. In fact, i also bought a new owner's and parts manual two years ago. I sold planters but kept the books so if you have an interest let me know.
    Good luck

I bought this rusty 71 off ebay cheap this past summer.

Had no problem getting parts from my dealer. In fact I was able to use the john deere parts web site to see what parts my dealer had in stock for it.

Looking forward to using it in the spring

For seed plates check out this place on ebay eBay Store - Country Side Stores: Agriculture Forestry, Home Security, Tools

I use to get my plates from Lincoln Ag but this lady has a larger selection
    and is cheaper.