john deere 71 planters

/ john deere 71 planters #1  

bob c

ANY IDEAS WHERE I CAN FIND PARTS FOR THE FLEXI PLANTERS THE DEALERS ACT LIKE THEY ARE TOO OLD OF A ITEM STOPPED MAKING IN 1962

/ john deere 71 planters #2  
Does the dealer you talked to carry ag. equipmment or just the lawn and garden stuff?

/ john deere 71 planters #3  
bob c said:
ANY IDEAS WHERE I CAN FIND PARTS FOR THE FLEXI PLANTERS THE DEALERS ACT LIKE THEY ARE TOO OLD OF A ITEM STOPPED MAKING IN 1962

The #71's were built and sold clear into the mid 1980's. MOST parts are still available. I bought a 4-row #71 planter NEW in 1979. I've bought parts as recently as last spring. Get a parts manual (off of EBAY? Or through Deere) and walk in the dealer with a list of part #'s you need.

Yetter Mfg. built the #71 for Deere. Yetter bought marketing rights and currently offers their own #71 planter units (black and white instead of green and yellow) If you run into a brick wall with your local Deere dealer, contact Yetter and ask for help.

1962 would have been about the time the #70 went out of production and the #71 unit came on the scene.

/ john deere 71 planters
NO IT WAS A LAWN AND GARDEN DEALER I WILL CONTACT A AG. DEALER THE ONLY REASON I THOUGHT THEY STOPPED MAKING THEM IN 1962 IS BECAUSE THE DEALER SAID SO I DO HAVE A PARTS MANUAL ON THE WAY THE PLATES ARE AVALABLE AT (LINCOLN AG PRODUCTS)

/ john deere 71 planters #5  
I'm not sure of the "numbers" but the JD Flexi-planter still made as of a couple years ago. I had some and bought parts at the local JD dealership. In fact, i also bought a new owner's and parts manual two years ago. I sold planters but kept the books so if you have an interest let me know.
Good luck

/ john deere 71 planters #6  
I bought this rusty 71 off ebay cheap this past summer.

before.jpg

Had no problem getting parts from my dealer. In fact I was able to use the john deere parts web site to see what parts my dealer had in stock for it.

Looking forward to using it in the spring

Planter_done_1.jpg

For seed plates check out this place on ebay eBay Store - Country Side Stores: Agriculture Forestry, Home Security, Tools

I use to get my plates from Lincoln Ag but this lady has a larger selection
and is cheaper.