790/70 Rattles

/ 790/70 Rattles #1  

RobS

Tractor
None!
Thought I'd move Iceman's comment to a new thread, might benefit others...
<font color=blue>
Rob,

I also wanted to reply to your question about FEL rods vibrating. I used black cable ties on the left side and tied the loader hyd. lines to the rod, this did two things, it stopped the vibrating and also stopped the hyd. lines from rubbing on my left front tire while turning hard to the left. On the right side I adjusted the rod in until it was snug in the "saddle" and retightened the jamb nut.

Thanks,
Chuck </font color=blue>

Chuck, I had the same trouble with my hoses rubbing on the tire. I just scooted them up in the wire holder a bit and all has been well. Not sure if they'll stay there but a wire tie will help at that point. I'll have to try your idea of wire tying the FEL lock rod to eliminate that rattle.

Do you get any rattling from the ROPS area? I get something back there at idle, but can't seem to find it.

Thanks for the suggestions /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ 790/70 Rattles #2  
Are your lights (red/orange) attached to the ROPS? They are on my 4100, and one of them will rattle at the right RPM range. That light has been smacked pretty hard a few times, so I really have not done anything to try to quiet it down, figured I broke it (at least partially).

/ 790/70 Rattles
Nope, my lights are on the fenders. The ROPS rattle sounds like a fairly heavy thing (big nut/bolt?) striking something pretty solid, like the ROPS itself /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif