Finally found a tractor to buy!

/ Finally found a tractor to buy! #12  
Nice looking tractor! Congrats, and welcome to the forum.

/ Finally found a tractor to buy! #13  
It does look good and the price sounds great! I looked around at tractors for some time before purchasing mine. Some things seem odd on this one. One, the front and rear tires appear to be of differing vintage. A more modern tread pattern for the rears and they appear to be nearly new. Fronts appear to have some wear (rounded edges to the ag lug - very little though) which are consistent with low hours. The seat looks like new though it appears to be correct for the model. (See this one for sale - 2WD - http://www.tractorhouse.com/listings/detail.aspx?OHID=5324229&guid=404E828E76F342DF8B5B852A9AF414D0)

Either way, you're not getting hurt at that price. Even with a minor repair or two, you're still in good shape. With the plus of the front blade, 4WD and the good price on the loader.

Congrats, be safe out there on those hills. Tractors can be hairy little monsters on flat ground.

/ Finally found a tractor to buy!
Called the dealer today and ordered a 5ft rear blade, I just dont see me swaping out the loader and front blade all the time. Now i just got to scrap up another 513.oo by friday after next. He quoted me 400 dollars for a tooth bar that weighs 118lbs, or at least i think thats the weight he gave me. Is this a descent price, sure seems like alot for just a hunk of metal.

/ Finally found a tractor to buy! #15  
You didn't choose a 5' blade due to the tractor's HP did you? It's capable of pulling a 6' blade. However, you do change the maneuvering characteristics a bit by going larger.

/ Finally found a tractor to buy! #16  
Congrats, that uinit looks good and I hope you have a ton of fun with it.

/ Finally found a tractor to buy! #17  
Ken Cunningham said:
.... Its a 1994 JD1070 4wd with the push blade, and the hour meter reads 102. There are some cosmetic issues that ya cant see in the pic. The guy who had it backed into something and bent the left fender and broke the tail light. Left side engine cover has a slight pushed in spot, not bad though, and the right side engine cover has a white mark down the whole lenght of it, might be able to compound that out. Other than that its pretty much in really great shape......
Sounds like it was lady-driven. I'd say you got yourself a pretty good deal..

GN

/ Finally found a tractor to buy! #18  
My 54" toothbar was $300 and about 60 lbs.

Dropped by and picked up the manuals for the tractor and front mounted scrap blade from the dealer yesterday after i got off work. I read both cover to cover, now i know why the front blade was jerking when pushing the hydraulic lever to the right, its a regen function. The sales guy had said before that thats what it was, but didnt explain what regen is. Now I understand. They had allready removed the front blade and brackets and serviced the machine with new fluids and filters, and hooked up the new 5ft RB to the 3pt. It sure was a purdy, all shiny green with not a scratch on it. One week to go till the delivery date, due to the brackets for the FEL delivery time was 12 days, I wonder if they had to make them to order?

This is allmost like waiting for christmas when i was a kid!

Took possesion of the tractor today from the dealer. Worked her pretty hard and she worked like a top. I put about two hours on it and checked for leaks, none found. I also learned a few things today as a new owner of a tractor.
1. It doesnt take long to get dirty, me and the tractor
2. Pressing the foot brake while backing towards house with clutch still in doesnt work to well for stopping.
3. Which way to push levers does not become second nature on first day.
4. FEL work is all about the correct technique.
5. You can get as much sun on a tractor as being at the beach, ouch it hurts.
6. I shoulda bought the six foot back blade.
7. Sure is FUN!

Last edited: