The wait is over! 110TLB

/ The wait is over! 110TLB
Rob ,

The problem is the canopy is like 8'4" , the boom I could lower from the 8'8"
height. I knew it would be a issue from start, but was planing to build a shop this summer any way. I made a stupid mistake and passed up a 7000 sq ft steel building with 5 acres less than 1/4 mile from my house . I could have almost approached it from the bottom of my property from the adjoining farm. If I told you what the bank offered it to me you would kick me.
To many zoning issues and no septic or chance of a perc. was the issues why I turned it down. Plus I think I would be better building what I want in my backyard . My shop I have now is a few miles and I can drive the machine to my house in about 5-10 minutes, or haul it on my flatbed or trailer and that takes longer to load up than drive it . I will post pictures soon! :)

/ The wait is over! 110TLB #12  
Can you lower the boom to bring it in and raise it once you are inside?

Always a possibility, but you only have to forget to lower it again to get out once.

I made one side of the garage 40' long and think it would be better to just put a piece of plywood on the floor to prevent chips & lower the boom to the ground.

I don't know if a 110 will or won't out trench an L39, but I do know that the loader is stronger, the HST wins every time, and the creeper alone is worth the price difference.

/ The wait is over! 110TLB #13  
Congrats Macdabs! Please keep us posted. I am most interested as a current 4310 owner, and 110 Wannabe.

I am sooooooo pisssed. My little company is 9 years old, and just showed it's first decent profit. We'll, we blew it, and didn't realize uncle sam was gonna take soooooo much. Could have easily bought the 110. My wife didn't sleep for a week she was so upset. Accountant has been fired. Told her we should have got the tractor, she now agrees. Maybe next year. The new barn will be finished in 2 weeks (with 9' doors!, thanks guys). Could have used the 110 for almost all of it, instead hired someone.

/ The wait is over! 110TLB
ChrisNJ said:
Congrats Macdabs! Please keep us posted. I am most interested as a current 4310 owner, and 110 Wannabe.

I am sooooooo pisssed. My little company is 9 years old, and just showed it's first decent profit. We'll, we blew it, and didn't realize uncle sam was gonna take soooooo much. Could have easily bought the 110. My wife didn't sleep for a week she was so upset. Accountant has been fired. Told her we should have got the tractor, she now agrees. Maybe next year. The new barn will be finished in 2 weeks (with 9' doors!, thanks guys). Could have used the 110 for almost all of it, instead hired someone.

I feel for you, Uncle sams amount was more than mine due to corporate taxes to pay debt, I could have purchased a 110 Tlb for you and me and kept my 4310! :( I purchased the company I worked for 18 years , and worked harder as a owner in the last 3 years than I ever had . Heck my 9-5 job became 5am -9pm . :eek:!

I did use the 110 TLB a little today to move some 20 ft sections of steel that were 1500-1900#. The hydro is nice , the pedals take some getting use to cause I had a p-reverser before. The machine seems easy to move around in very tight spaces, I think easier than my 4310 was.

One thing I wish was the throttle adjustment should be up front ,instead of behind you. Also the backup alarm would wake up the neighborhood. I disconnected it and plan on adding a toggle switch.

The loader is awsome! Much smoother and faster,night and day compared to my 430 loader. You can see the forks better with the slanted hood and the hoe is tucked in better for tight spaces than the 48 hoe.

I only was on the machine for a hour so far and am very pleased.:) The only thing that will take some time is getting use to the Hydro with a fixed throttle speed, I was used to a gear with a gas pedal on my 4310.
The e-brake is a improvment compared to my 4310 also.

I hope to have some action pictures soon, I need to remember to bring the camera. :eek:

Macdabs

/ The wait is over! 110TLB #15  
Fantastic --- Macdabs!! Your shiny bright 110 is finally home! Congrats.

Can't wait to see some pics!

Don't quite know, exactly what a "cherry" 4310 with 48 hoe and all is worth but at first blush; seems like your dealer gave you a pretty good deal on the 110 with all the options you ordered for only 18K additional.

(I only wish that the difference from my JD970 TLB would have been $18K...)

Shipping is ---- well, shipping is the Sh***!

Your initial experiences sounds great! Lookin' forward to hearin' about the first stump and the first trench --- too!

AKfish

/ The wait is over! 110TLB #16  
I can only imagine that you'll adjust to the hydro fine. I have it on my 4310 and pretty much move the throttle only for the job at hand. Agree it should be in front though, but see the need to put it behind so you can get to it from backhoe use. wait a minute, i recall when using most older big backhoes the throttle is up front and you just set it and turn around. so yeah, it should be up front, maybe you can get it moved, just a cable.

/ The wait is over! 110TLB #17  
Macdabs:

The first time you try to use the hoe, set that hand throttle for no more than 1200 RPM, a lot lower than for loader work.

I started out at about 2200 my first time & smashed the boom, bucket and dipperstick into everything within reach. At high RPM the hoe movement is jerky and FAST.

Getting smarter in my old age.

Dave

/ The wait is over! 110TLB #18  
Maybe should start a new thread --- but since Macdabs and Curly mentioned the throttle settings, location etc. a couple of questions come to mind...

How does the throttle affect the "LoadMatch" settings when operating the 110?

If the LoadMatch is "on" how important is it to set the throttle up real high?

How different is the use of the LoadMatch for FEL vs hoe purposes?

Thanks.

AKfish

/ The wait is over! 110TLB #19  
How does the throttle affect the "LoadMatch" settings when operating the 110?

My manual does not mention "LoadMatch" at all, and I have never before heard the term used in connection with a 110. I don't think it has one.

There is a hand throttle near the "instrument cluster" which is on the right side of the seat. Where a traditional dashboard would be is nothing but the outside of the fuel tank.

Most of the time one sets an engine RPM and then uses the FEL, HST, and backhoe. As I noted, it is best to start off low with the RPM for the hoe and increase to match your operating ability and experience.

There are only two cases I have encountered where this is not successful.

1. An inexperienced operator can set RPM too low for FEL work, which leads to diminished breakout force.

2. When trying to travel uphill at higher speeds, a medium throttle setting will tend to "bog down". Increasing the throttle setting will help, but a return to level ground will then cause the engine to race.

/ The wait is over! 110TLB #20  
MACDABS said:
Our local gas company was digging the other day next door in frozen ground and made the comment he could have never dug the trench with the L-39s they used before. He was using a 110 TLB! :)

Macdabs

We don't count comparisions unless both manufacturers are there! The operator might have been suprised. He might like the hydro, I do but the fuel differences are making the L-39 look real good in a comparison. I'm quite sure that the Yanmar products are built very well as I sell them to.