New Woods BH70-X hoe for my 790

/ New Woods BH70-X hoe for my 790 #1  

Muxster

Bronze Member
Tractor
JD 790 & Yanmar 165D
I just installed a new Woods BH70-X backhoe on my 790. It works great for removing stumps and stuff. Here are a few pictures.

Attachments

• IMG_0165s.jpg
    IMG_0165s.jpg
    818.4 KB · Views: 1,371
  • IMG_0166s.jpg
    IMG_0166s.jpg
    878.9 KB · Views: 1,540
  • IMG_0167s.jpg
    IMG_0167s.jpg
    859.6 KB · Views: 1,621
   / New Woods BH70-X hoe for my 790 #2  
Muxster, nice looking setup, good looking hoe attachment. Looks like the thumb was a factory option. Is the Woods hoe sub frame or 3pt hitch mounted? Have fun!

Sincerely, Dirt

/ New Woods BH70-X hoe for my 790 #3  
Good looking hoe Muxster. Makes a great looking tractor even better!:cool:

/ New Woods BH70-X hoe for my 790
The hoe has the factory thumb. You deploy the thumb to where you want it manually (not hydraulic) and put in a pin to hold it. Then curl the bucket into it. Then when not needed you can park the thumb and use the full curl on the bucket... its sweet.

The hoe attach's with a subframe. There is a front hanger that bolts onto the loader mounts that receives one end of the frame. The back end of the frame mounts on the lift arm lower pins. Here are a couple pictures of the subframe and front hanger. The subframe is sitting vertically on the pallet. (that's how it came from the dealer)

Attachments

• IMG_0156s.jpg
    IMG_0156s.jpg
    733.3 KB · Views: 932
  • IMG_0157s.jpg
    IMG_0157s.jpg
    834.8 KB · Views: 821
   / New Woods BH70-X hoe for my 790 #5  
Nice!

This may be a stupid question, but I am curious....

Why did you buy the Woods hoe instead of a Deere?

I would think Woods quality is very good - so was price a deciding factor?

/ New Woods BH70-X hoe for my 790 #6  
Looks great! Just one thing, you should get the ROPS extension Deere offers for that tractor. Here's a pic of mine. It's much better. I hit my head on the ROPS without it, was less then $100.00 through Deere.(not as pretty as yours;) )

/ New Woods BH70-X hoe for my 790 #7  
Nice looking rig, I really dig the thumb (pun intended). I'd make the same recommendation as Irwin on the ROPS extensions, I hit my head a few times while mine were on order.

irwin said:
Looks great! Just one thing, you should get the ROPS extension Deere offers for that tractor. Here's a pic of mine. It's much better. I hit my head on the ROPS without it, was less then $100.00 through Deere.(not as pretty as yours;) )

I did add the ROPS extension. I didn't get it installed until after I installed and used the hoe because I had to order a 18mm wrench for the bolts (and yes, I also hit my head on the "short" ROPS). For some strange reason 18mm is not part of a normal set. I got the "in-between" set from Harbor freights.

prosperity said:
Nice!

This may be a stupid question, but I am curious....

Why did you buy the Woods hoe instead of a Deere?

I would think Woods quality is very good - so was price a deciding factor?

Actually, the hoe is slightly used. A friend of mine had it installed on his JD 3520 but he really pined for the bigger BH80-X hoe. So we made a deal. He sold me his BH70-X and he bought a new BH80-X. The 70 was practically new. He bought the 70 last August, 2007, and used it for maybe an hour.

Here is a picture of the ROPS extension installed. Also another reason it took me awhile to install is because it came in black and I wanted to paint it green. I was so cold that I waited a week after painting it before I installed it to ensure the paint was cured.

Attachments

• IMG_0174s.jpg
    IMG_0174s.jpg
    705.6 KB · Views: 743