4100 lift latch kit

/ 4100 lift latch kit #1  

forestcreature

Silver Member
Tractor
jd 4100
"BM19507 lift latch kit for the 4100 compact utility tractors"

this kit allows you to use the 3pt hitch while leaving the mid mount mower on the tractor. [probably does other things, but that is what i installed it to do] ;)

the kit is two right triangular plates, two turn buckles [chains on one end], four pins, and some keeper rings.

installation is quick and easy with two bolts per plate.

it works by attaching the chain-end to the lift arms on the mid mount mower brackets [the ones that rest on top of the 3pt hitch arms], and the turn buckle end to the new plates that bolt on to where the rear fenders attach to the frame.

both ends attach via clevis pins, and the turn buckle makes adjustment easy.

they intend for you to let the chain hang low enough for your proper mowing height.

i intend to shorten it up all of the way to keep the mower off of the ground while i use the 3pt with other toys :)

i mowed with it properly adjusted today, and it functioned without any issues.

plates are black painted steel.
all other hardware is that gold colored anodized alloy.

i will do some more tests with other implements tomorrow if the rain holds off.

/ 4100 lift latch kit #2  
Yeah, I bought one of those kits too. Sure is handly. IMO, they ought to package these kits with every mid-mount mower deck sold.

/ 4100 lift latch kit #3  
forestcreature, do you have a pic of this installed, I was thinking about getting it, but i talked to Deere and they also said that I could make my own. (with cable - no i am not kidding, that i what they said)

/ 4100 lift latch kit
this would be a VERY easy thing to construct.

let me waddle out there and snap a pic.

/ 4100 lift latch kit
attempting to post pic.

if this does not work, email your address and i will send it to you.

Attachments

• 10-129877-deck-lift.jpg
    10-129877-deck-lift.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 492
   / 4100 lift latch kit #6  
Forestcreature,

Trying to get my wife to give me a neck rub after viewing that pic. Maybe it'll lead to something else...../w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Thanks,
Pete

/ 4100 lift latch kit #7  
forestcreature,

Wow, you made me feel stupid!!! I looked at your picture out of curiosity, and noticed you have your linch pins stored on your 3 point arm. I always wondered what those strap holes were for. Man do I feel stupid for not figuring that one out!!!!

/ 4100 lift latch kit
any time i can help that marital bliss ;)

[hey, that was the angle i was using when installing the thing!!]

/ 4100 lift latch kit
that was where the pins were when i bought the thing, so i can not claim any superior knowledge there.

i have also noticed that not all of the 4100's have those.

/ 4100 lift latch kit #10  
I lost my pins from the very same place after the third trip through the pucker brush. I am surprised yours are still there!!