755 replacement battery?

/ 755 replacement battery? #1  

Keith01

After owning my 755 for 7 years, the Interstate battery has finally given up. I dont know how old it really is (bought the tractor used).

Interstate no longer makes the 22F-60 that served me so well, and the replacement part number is a bit wider and taller.

Does anyone have a manufacture and part number for a drop in replacement?

thanks,
Keith in SC

/ 755 replacement battery? #2  
Deere makes a pretty durable battery in their TY6192. It's about $80. I generally use Optimas, especially in my antique stuff, but the JD batteries have extra internal bracing in case you operate over rough ground. According to jdparts.com, it should drop in , but I'm not sure whether you have the front mounted battery or the rear of the engine mount. The TY6192 looks to be a bit smaller than the new Interstate number, so it should be a true 22F-60.

755battery.jpg

/ 755 replacement battery?
Spent some time with the Interstate truck. Found a 26R that was nearly the same. Size fit well, and had the right hand positive. Had to make my own tiedown strap, as teh new battery doesnt have the 'lips' on the side to use the factory tiedown.

Thanks for the help,
Keith in Sc

/ 755 replacement battery? #4  
This wouldn't help in SC, but for any readers in Canada...

I bought my JD755 new in 1998. The original Deere battery lasted about 3 years. It was replaced with a Canadian Tire model Motomaster Eliminator 10-2670-8, which I replaced today after about 8 years of Canadian winters. I was very impressed with the Canadian Tire battery. It was still starting the tractor, but starting had become difficult - lots of smoke, and harder to start as the temperature dropped. I first noticed this last winter but muddled through in the summer.

Today I chose a Canadian Tire model 10-3570. I would have chosen another 10-2670, but there is no such thing on their computer records! The clerk and I looked closely at my old battery to be sure it really said 10-2670. Go figure!

Anyway, the new model (10-3570) has very similar specs, and both have better ratings than the original Deere model which was rated at 491 Cold Cranking Amps at -18 Celsius, according to the Deere owner's manual.

The 10-2670 was about half an inch too short for the mounting location, but it worked out fine for 8 years or so. The new 10-3570 seems to fit perfectly.

Canadian Tire offers generous warranties for these batteries - but only if they are used in a car. For use in a tractor, the warranty is only six months!

The tractor started easily with the new 10-3570, but I won't be sure for a while whether my cold-weather hard-starting problem is fixed because the weather turned mild literally as I was out buying the battery today.

/ 755 replacement battery? #5  
What did that Canadian Tire battery cost (USD)? As FIT showed, last year the price for the JD battery was about $80 with core. It had been that price for many years. As shown here the price has jumped to $129 with core, which is what I paid last Spring. That price approaches an Optima. With the poor performance of JD batteries I may go with something different next time, maybe the Optima. That is unless they also do a similar price jump.

Part Details

Part Number: TY6192
Part Price: 136.85 USD
Core Value: (8.00 USD)
End Price With Core Return: 128.85 USD
On Hand: 5 Check Other Stores
Description: BATTERY,(DRY) BCI22F, CCA490, RC90