Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tractor
    John Deere 2305

Default JD Manuals & Parts Lists

Hi Everyone.. As a proud new owner of a JD 2305, I was cruising the JD site, and reading years of posts on here... One question for the masses-
    How many of you guys purchased the JD Repair manuals (Hard or CD) or Parts Catalogs... And if so, were they a valuable resource? I know from the 6hrs I've put on it since thursday nite that I will be doing things beyond what i thought this little beast was capable of! It is great! But, the Hydro Filter and Fan look allitle "vulnerable" under there....

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    JD2320 w/R4 $21,100 w/7.16%off

Default Re: JD Manuals & Parts Lists

Even if you don't use it for self-repair, you need the parts lists, illustrated breakdown and manuals so that you are knowledgeable when you speak to the repair or parts guy.
    You don't want to have to say, "I need the hose in the back under the seat. You know, the one with the gizmo."
    And you don't want the guy to bs you when you go in for repair.
    I find the books to be far more useful than a CD. Besides, I hear that the CD isn't organized in the best way.
    Eastern PA -JD2320 w/R4; 200CX w/61" bucket & Markham toothbar or JD adj forks; 46BH w/16", Imatch, ballast box & York rake-blade-scarifer, 54" front plow and trailer receiver. Case 580K w/fel+bh, mule 610XC

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L3400 (gear driven)

I think they are invaluable. I bought a used LX178 and as I was leaving the owner said he thought he had some CDs that went with the mower and gave them to me. They are the JD owners manual, service manual and parts manual all on disc. I was going to buy them anyway. I use them quiet a bit and find them to be very helpful. I basically took the who thing apart when I got it to clean it, paint it, repair it and the manual sure helped.

Tractor
    John Deere 2305

Great, but at $80.00 List on JD website, seems kinda high? Anyone buy one thru dealer? whatta did u pay?

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L3400 (gear driven)

Quote Originally Posted by mkoreen
    seems kinda high?
    Compare it to the hourly shop rate and it's a bargain. Information is power.

Tractor
    John Deere 4110, 455

I think I paid $75.00 for my CD when I bought my tractor about 4 years ago...Well worth it IMHO
    KennyD
    www.boltonhooks.com

Bolt On Grab Hooks, Weld On Grab Hooks, Specialty Chain and Rigging Accessories, Specialty Hydraulic Components.

Simple JDParts Tutorial HERE

Visit our YouTube Channel

Tractor
    Where do I begin.....

Buy any and all manuals available. Owners, service, parts, specific engine manual if one is available, ect. Over the period of ownership, the manuals will pay for themselves many times over. BTDT. They'll save you time standing at the parts counter. Walk in the door armed with part #'s you need and CORRECT descriptions of those parts, and the counter guys will treat you like a king. The exploded views in parts catalogs are more helpfull than 100 pages of printed text when trying to dismantle something.

Think about the potential amount of time a tractor COULD spend in a dealers shop @ current hourly shop rates. Now consider the fact that when armed with all available information, you could potentially eliminate quite a few of those shop hours, and the manuals start looking like a real bargain.

Think of them as preventative health care instead of waiting until you're deathly ill to go to the doctor.
    There are three kinds of men;
    1.) The ones that learn by reading
    2.) The few who learn by observation
    3.) The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    JD X595

Spend some time learning JDPARTS.com. You really don't need a hard copy of a parts list if you use jdparts.com.

The repair manual is worth buying on CDROM. You can print off the pages of interest, get them greezy, then recycle them. You are assure that you are always accessing the latest part info versus a static printed copy.

The printed manuals from JD (IMOP) are too expensive.

I just bought the service manual cd for my 1070 and the price was 102.00 dollars. Its allso been over a week and it still hasnt shown up! FYI, the printed version was over 200 dollars.

Tractor
    JD 4610 ehydro MFWD

I bought the technical manual on CD for my 4610 last year. The price was $65. at the local JD dealership.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast