3rd SCV 3320

/ 3rd SCV 3320 #11  
nhemmer
If you have R-4's, then handling the tire is no major problem... they will stand up. Just need to be careful that if they do go, there is a place for them to fall without you under it. :D
This pic when I added the 3rd SCV and the tire was loaded.

Attachments

• 101_0109.jpg
    101_0109.jpg
    496.3 KB · Views: 174
   / 3rd SCV 3320 #12  
Thanks for the input. I'm more comfortable about pulling the wheel since as pointed out the R4s will stand on their own BUT I don't think I will need to. With the cab tractor there is a hole already present for the cables to enter the cab console to attach the lever and the cab has much greater clearance around the axle making access to the SCV much easier. Provided I can tighten the hydraulic lines with a crows foot from below I have no reason to remove the wheel. I will try to post pics when I do the install. My machine is a 2007 and it takes the same kit as the open station. I understand the 2011 and newer use a electrohydraulic control better suited for a grapple, etc. but overkill for my Clemens Radius under vine weeder. Simpler is better in my case. thanks again for the quick response to my questions

/ 3rd SCV 3320 #13  
Thanks for the input. I'm more comfortable about pulling the wheel since as pointed out the R4s will stand on their own BUT I don't think I will need to. With the cab tractor there is a hole already present for the cables to enter the cab console to attach the lever and the cab has much greater clearance around the axle making access to the SCV much easier. Provided I can tighten the hydraulic lines with a crows foot from below I have no reason to remove the wheel. I will try to post pics when I do the install. My machine is a 2007 and it takes the same kit as the open station. I understand the 2011 and newer use a electrohydraulic control better suited for a grapple, etc. but overkill for my Clemens Radius under vine weeder. Simpler is better in my case. thanks again for the quick response to my questions

Well, it is done. After receiving the wrong kit (it is not the same as open station) the dealer ordered the right kit for early serial number 3rd SCV cab tractors which is nearly 1/3 the price of the newer electo-hydraulic 3rd SCV. I completed the install in 1 day WITHOUT removing the wheel. To do this I had to disconnect all lines to all three spools of the SCV but it worked. I'm not sure that is needed when the wheel is removed but I suspect it is. The new hard lines run behind the existing and fishing hard pipe through is a challenge no matter what. It was easy enough with the right tools and some patience. Altogether about 5 hrs of work to install the kit.

Attaching the Clemens radius weeder was another 2 hrs but with practice this will be a 30 minute task. On the first try I had to fab some brackets and do some wiring for the override solenoid which is a 1 time task.

One last question. I thought the benefit of the SCV was the pressure is balanced between the 3 spools if actuated simultaneously but with the 3rd valve wide open I get no function on the other valves. If I tweak it back then I can get function in the other spools. I have a separate flow control for the Clemens so it can work if I tweak the 3rd SCV lever and the flow control. This doesn't seem right - any thoughts???