Skid Steer Attachment

/ Skid Steer Attachment #1  

NYBOB

Silver Member
Tractor
2007 JD 3720
I have a 3720 with a 300CX loader. They put on a JD skid steer adapter on the loader arms. It worked fine until I had them put the 3rd SCV on and hook up my snow plow. The first time I took the plow off to put my bucket it on, I noticed the arms were not moving at the same speed. This makes if difficult to line them up together to get on the QA plate. I showed the dealer and said there might be air in the hyrdaulic lines and should work its way out. It has been 2 months now and still doesn't work right.

Also, when I had my New Holland the ATI skid steer adapter they used was one solid piece, The JD is two. I thought about having someone weld a piece across them to make them go in sequence.

What might the culprit be so I can tell the dealer?

Thanks

Last edited:
   / Skid Steer Attachment #2  
Have you made a few full extensions and retractions of all installed hydraulic functions on your machine ? That should remove all air in lines and be sure to check fluid as It should go down some as air is released from the system and top it off as required.
:)

/ Skid Steer Attachment #3  
NYBOB, there isn't anything wrong with your hydraulics. Its not air that causes the cylinders to work out of sync. Its just the way the cylinders work. Since they are separate and not tied together with a bucket they will not retract or extend at the same rate. Just something you have to deal with. Try either retracting them all the way or extending them all the way. That way the brackets will be the same on each side. Again there is no fix and there isn't anything wrong. All loaders will do this. I guess a solution would be to get someone to weld a piece between the two brackets so they work in unison even with no bucket.

Sincerely, Dirt

/ Skid Steer Attachment #4  
NYBOB said:
I have a 3720 with a 300CX loader. They put on a JD skid steer adapter on the loader arms. It worked fine until I had them put the 3rd SCV on and hook up my snow plow. The first time I took the plow off to put my bucket it on, I noticed the arms were not moving at the same speed. This makes if difficult to line them up together to get on the QA plate. I showed the dealer and said there might be air in the hyrdaulic lines and should work its way out. It has been 2 months now and still doesn't work right.

Also, when I had my New Holland the ATI skid steer adapter they used was one solid piece, The JD is two. I thought about having someone weld a piece across them to make them go in sequence.

What might the culprit be so I can tell the dealer?
Thanks
There is nothing that assures the cylinders will move together. The one that moves easiest will take the fluid unless they are mechanically joined, or the fluid is metered to each via a flow divider. I dont know whether the latter is normally done on tractors. As you say - join them. Mine has a good sized torsion tube between the 2 sides, fully crossing each clevis bracket to prevent possible twisting of the clevis ears if it were to see hi twist loads.
This could happen if one side of the implement dislodged.
larry

/ Skid Steer Attachment #5  
There is nothing that assures the cylinders will move together.

Not "quite" true.

There is a rod that runs between the 2 QA shoes that is supposed to keep them somewhat in-line, look at part #8 and #9 in the attachment. It is VERY easy to sheer one of the pins(#9) and then the shoes will not move together and drive you crazy (been there, done that!). I hope this is your problem!

Attachments

• BOOM (Large).gif
    BOOM (Large).gif
    22.3 KB · Views: 199
   / Skid Steer Attachment
I have tried extending and retracting several times. I have worked the hydraulics everyway I coudl think of to exercise them. The odd thing is they used to work in unison. I would take my bucket off even before the snow plow was purchased.

It makes it tricky to angle the ends into the QA plate. My NH with the ATI adapter was a breeze compared with this. Maybe my dealer would weld a piece on to make it work together.

Thanks
Bob

/ Skid Steer Attachment #7  
NYBOB,when I said to extend them I was meaning to leave them fully extended. Running them in and out doesn't help them get back in sync. When the cylinders are out of sync I have rolled the brackets into the dump position and then hooked the one side into the hook that was in the best position and then rolled the bracket back towards the closed position. Since there is more resistance on the now hooked bracket the other side can now catch up and be hooked. I think the simplest thing to do is to get a piece welded between the to brackets so they always move in sync. Problem solved!

Sincerely, Dirt

/ Skid Steer Attachment #8  
In time you will get the hang of it. it's really no big deal that they don't move exactly the same. drive to your implement, hook it and roll back. They'll come together. I generally don't roll them when there is not a bucket on.

Which bucket did you go with?

Don't they look tough with a black bucket?

/ Skid Steer Attachment
My dealer got me and HLA since I was looking for a lighter bucket due to my issue with the tractor steadiness. I eventually went to ag tires to fix the issue.

I like the look of the black versus the green.

I did look at the pins as suggested but they look to be fine. I am going to have my dealer look at it.

Thanks
Bob

/ Skid Steer Attachment #10  
What is HLA?

There is nothing wrong with your loader. The effect is similar to a brake wheel cylinder. The fluid is applid to a common point and the easiet to operate operates. Drive up against the bucket, roll the loader fwd, lift/ hook, rol back and lock.