Silver Member
    Tractor
    JD 2320

Default Question on tightening 200cx loader bolts?

I have the proper torques from the manual for the loader arm bolts (required checking every service). . . . But just had a question.

On the outbound side is a grease fitting with a non visible bolt through the arm. On the inbound side is the nut (24mm, I think). Although the nut is tight . . the bolt and fitting seem to pivot a few degrees clockwise/counterclockwise somewhat freely. As if the bolt/grease assembly fit in a keyed hole in the loader arm. I'm guessing this is normal and just torque against the stops? Thought I'd double check before damaging it

Tractor
    John Deere 2520, 1989 John Deere 185, 1960 Panzer T70B

Default Re: Question on tightening 200cx loader bolts?

I hope it's normal because mine is the same. I couldn't see any way to hold it from the outside end, so I came to the same conclusion as you and I just torqued them against the stops.
    Runner

Silver Member
    Tractor
    JD 2320

Quote Originally Posted by Runner
    I hope it's normal because mine is the same. I couldn't see any way to hold it from the outside end, so I came to the same conclusion as you and I just torqued them against the stops.
    Thanks . . . I'm glad you found the same thing. That's all the confidernce I need!

Yes it is normal. I've assembled a few loaders and they all do that.
    S_G

Remember nobody ever complained about having too much horsepower!