2520 Hard to put in gear

/ 2520 Hard to put in gear #1  

EricC

Hi

I recently bought a 2007 2520 with 34hrs on it. I find that it is sometime hard to put in low range or high. Low range seems to be the hardest.

Is it a simple adjustments or is something wrong?

Thank you

Eric

/ 2520 Hard to put in gear #2  
It happens to me all the time and it's normal. If you touch the forward/reverse pedals a bit while you're shifting it will go into gear easily - you just need to sync up the gears properly.

/ 2520 Hard to put in gear #3  
Jeff is 100% correct. The gears are not synchronized so you must "line them up" sometimes by touching the hydro pedal. Mine has also done this since new...

/ 2520 Hard to put in gear
Thanks guys!!

I'm glad to hear it's normal.

Heres a pic of her. The ROPS were off since I had just got it out of the trailer (enclosed).

Eric

/ 2520 Hard to put in gear #5  
Yep...Jdbower has the answer. A SLIGHT step on the go pedals as you are pushing the Hi/Lo lever will give you "click..click" feedback feeling in your hand as the mechanical part of the drive system connects up.

/ 2520 Hard to put in gear #6  
Conversely, if you forget to select a range before you let off the brake on a hill, be SURE to come to a stop BEFORE trying to put it in low or high. Otherwise, you'll grind off a pound or two.

Don't ask how I know this.

/ 2520 Hard to put in gear #7  
Straight cut gears......they just need to be lined up!
Touch pedals as above!

/ 2520 Hard to put in gear #8  
kennyd said:
Jeff is 100% correct. The gears are not synchronized so you must "line them up" sometimes by touching the hydro pedal. Mine has also done this since new...

Samething on my 2003 4310, i will let ya'll know iff it happens on the 3520.

/ 2520 Hard to put in gear #9  
Good pic by the way.

/ 2520 Hard to put in gear #10  
Same on the 2320 tractor. By the way, what is the white stuff in the picture?:D