72" 7 iron deck mulch kit

/ 72" 7 iron deck mulch kit #1  

hoddykubody

Bronze Member
Tractor
3520 jd
I've done some searches and can't find anyone who has a mulch kit on 72" 7 iron deck for a compact (3520) tractor . Trouble is with mine is the centre mulch plates should meet and overlap to install provided bolts with but there is a clearance issue with the centre blade . (yes mulch blade). Have checked and double checked tried reversing side to side lh and rh . Also both sides are clearly stamped lt and rt. Both lt and rt blade clearance to mulch plate are ok but centre is problem . Had deere come out to my shop and the service manager said there is definately a problem. Took my serial number and emailed the engineering dept but haven't heard back yet. Pats and install sheet that comes with the kit shows nothing is missing in the kit . Sorry to be so winded and vented but wondering if anyone else has had the same issues. Will post back when problem is rectified . TIA hoddykubody

/ 72" 7 iron deck mulch kit #2  
I haven't heard of this problem, or anybody that has the kit for that matter-sorry...

/ 72" 7 iron deck mulch kit #3  
I put a couple on the 72" 7 irons for the front mount mowers. I can't remember ever having to over lap the mulch baffles. I have had to massage the baffles so they dont interfere with the blades. Snug them down and hit them in the right area with a ball peen hammer until you get them exactly where you need them. Then tighten them down recheck. adjust as necessary.

/ 72" 7 iron deck mulch kit
JD service manager called latr morning and said they (the mulch plates) don't overlap . I just need to pop some holes in the front of the deck. I just clamped it down and aliged them lip to lip and marked and drilled. I guess I just didn't think I should have to drill in the front of the deck when all others where square punched for the carriage bolts. Oh well live and learn . Thanks guys . Oh ya so far the mulching seems ok . Sure seems to keep the tractor and mower a lot cleaner except when I cut for this one guys farmyard with tall dandelions with them just going to seed. Had to clean grille regularly on 3.5 acres