Mowing 4110 mowing RPM / rear mower lift brackets

/ 4110 mowing RPM / rear mower lift brackets #21  
klink said:
Kennyd

Mid lift assist kit for 4100 & 4110 part # LVB25010

I went to the dealers lot and looked at the lift cylinder kit on the 4200 JD tractor. It looked good and well made. I knew the 4110 kit would be different, but didn't realize how under engineered the 4110 model lift kit would be.
The kit includes an under engineered one way lift cylinder that barely has enough lifting force to raise the deck. and because the cylinder bore and stroke is so small, it does not hold much volume of oil in it, or have enough force. The cylinder [deck]would leak down in seconds. I even installed a needle valve in the hose going to lift cylinder to trap the oil in the cylinder, once it was in the raised position. I had it hooked up to my tractor's dual scv. Also the lift brackets are poorly made. The engineer who designed this kit did not have JD customer satifaction in mind. As most of you know the 4110 does not come with a mechanical mmm level or lock up kit such as the [2000 series]. JD did update the indepentant mid lift kit for the 2520 tractor, which has the simular rear end. This tells me JD knew the first kit was not doing the job.
When I got my JD 46 backhoe, I took the lift kit off and installed the 3 pt. lock up kit, which work great and is the best option for my tractor use.
this is my opinion only

Thanks a lot for sharing this...

/ 4110 mowing RPM / rear mower lift brackets #22  
joes_427_vette said:
Kenny; did my pictures come through showing the offset brackets ? If you have time or still have them could you down size one of them and post it. Maybe someone with another series tractor has the same brackets. One of these days I should modify them to provide more clearance. thanks

Here are Joe's pictures:

Attachments

• 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    401.7 KB · Views: 768
  • 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    410.9 KB · Views: 1,647
   / 4110 mowing RPM / rear mower lift brackets #23  
Also, FYI:

The part # for the Latch Kit is BM19507 for the 4110/4115 tractors.

Attachments

• Latch Kit.gif
    Latch Kit.gif
    8.6 KB · Views: 334
   / 4110 mowing RPM / rear mower lift brackets
Klink; Do your brackets look like the ones in the thumb nails posted by Kenny ? I was just wondering if I had the right brackets for a 4110. If your are the same maybe there are two styles.

Thanks for posting the pictures Kenny. These computer programs drive me crazy. When I get them to work they change the process.

/ 4110 mowing RPM / rear mower lift brackets #25  
Joe
Yes, those lift brackets in the pics are exactly like the ones I got with my 60" MMM for My JD 4110 in June of 2004. I don't know why they changed the design. there must be a reason, but I don't know it. The lift brackets on the mower deck must have been spaced farther apart??? So they had to change the offset on the 3 pt. lift brackets??? So that the linkage pull would be in a straight line. only guessing. Thanks Kennyd for the pics

/ 4110 mowing RPM / rear mower lift brackets #26  
My 2003 4110 with 60" MMM has the same wider brackets as Joe and Klink. I have turf tires, but the clearance is still pretty limited. - Jeff

/ 4110 mowing RPM / rear mower lift brackets #27  
I may have figured out the mystery...

I will bet your decks (Joe's,Klink's, and Jeff's) are for the 4110/4115 series tractors...Look at the tag on it and post a picture if you can please.

NOW, My deck is actually for a 4100, the dealer had it "left over", but still brand new and never mounted. For those that don't know the 4110 is a updated model of the 4100-but essentially the same.

Take a look at THIS thread from a while ago...I posted some pictures there.

/ 4110 mowing RPM / rear mower lift brackets #28  
kennyd
I think you solved the mystery. Thanks for your research kennyd. I even had a reply in that old thread, but I forgot the out come result. So I copied and pasted my old reply into this reply to remind myself and others. Yes I have the newer 4110 - 4115 deck. I cut the 4115 extended bracket off. I used a metabo cut off grinder to do the cutting. I didn't want to use a torch. I saved the cut off pieces, just in case. and sprayed some green paint on. Now the mower deck is so much easier to install and remove. Make sure you turn your front wheels to the left.

/ 4110 mowing RPM / rear mower lift brackets
Thanks guys for all the research and insight. I thought for a while I was stuck with a refit from another tractor series. The operators manual even shows the brackets a couple inches away from the tires. I was looking at adjusting the rear turn buckles when I noticed the design engineer must have been on vacation when that deal was approved. The thickness of the brackets looked like they were designed to lift a ton or more. Guess I can live with it... at least til I see a new and improved design I just have to have.

/ 4110 mowing RPM / rear mower lift brackets #30  
Haven't been here in awhile and I'm waaaay late to this discussion, but my 2004 4110 has the same deal as Joe and Kink - and I have the 4110-4115 deck. I put the slip ring on the tire side of the lift bracket so the pin slides to the inside; I can adjust the deck height without removing the tire (turf tires)

Also had an earlier issue with the lift bracket, the welded-on mounting sleeve that slides over the rod (which the 3PH turnbuckle also slides onto) was welded in the wrong location by about 3/8" in the wrong direction - the slip ring and pin scuffed the tire until a replacement lift bracket was received.

-Norm