Calling all 2520 owners

/ Calling all 2520 owners #1  

tomd999

Platinum Member
Tractor
'10 3320 cab
Hi All,

I have been working with my dealer to remedy the 3pt hitch tire clearance issue via replacement arms. My dealer has been exceptional in working with me on this however, we have hit a snag. He has been told by Deere that the arms are not currently a recall program because JD has "only received a few complaints from owners". He is still trying to get them as a warranty item however, he doesn't see them as going through as that.

Now the last thing I can afford to do is to drop 600 bucks to fix something that was an issue out of the box. So, that being said, now is the time for all of us to call Deere and let them know we are having this issue. If a high enough % of owners call and voice the issue, we should be able to get them to foot a recall on this issue.

The number to call is in your owners manual. Please be polite to the person on the phone, they are only taking the calls and filling out a form.

Tom

/ Calling all 2520 owners #2  
Great suggestion-can you provide the #, my manual is in the mntns along with my tractor. Just yesterday I e-mailed my dealer the pages from the JD parts catalog for this 'fix' that someone had attached to the other thread. My dealer had not heard of it yet?!

/ Calling all 2520 owners #3  
GOOD IDEA
2520 owners please call!

John Deere Support 1-800-537-8233 then press 2 for John Deere and then press 6 for Customer Support.

I called John Deere and talked to a nice lady. I told her that my cat1 implements would not fit on the 3pt of my 2520 w/o rubbing the tires. She told me to call my dealer and ask him to check with his DTECH(John Deere field rep) to see if there is a fix for this. She also filed a Customer Complaint form for me. She stated this is how they know what to fix/change on their products.

So I called my dealer (who has been excellent) and asked him about looking on the DTECH. He did and said that John Deere knows this problem exist and for right now the fix is to put the rear tires in the wide setting(valve stems in).

FWIW, I was comparing the bill of material for the original and replacement 3pt hitch and the only thing different between the two are the draft links.
and
I measured between the tires before and after setting them to wide and I got 60mm(2 3/8") total (30mm wider per side).

/ Calling all 2520 owners #4  
Just called- hopefully it helps. My wheels are in the wide position and it still rubs alot.

/ Calling all 2520 owners #5  
I also just called the 800 #... I have been working with my dealer... his first take is that sure, something like this should be covered as a warrenty item but he didtn find a recall notice that would allow him to do the work under warrenty so he is checking with his dtech.

The more 2520 owners that come forward now and call the 800 #, the more likely deere is going to take notice and make this right. If setting the tires to wide is really the "fix", then why redesign the links?

/ Calling all 2520 owners #6  
Even though my dealer is fixing it for me i'll still call so I can add to the number of people telling deere it's a problem to help you guys out.

/ Calling all 2520 owners #7  
Great posting ,I'm calling tommorow for two problems,on my 2520 thanks for the phone number,they need to pay!

/ Calling all 2520 owners #8  
Good idea Tom, I'm in!

/ Calling all 2520 owners #9  
Hello all,

A local dealer dug up a couple of DTACs (79463 and 73813)that relate to tire rubbing on the 2520. See attached PDF document.

The DTAC case for this link arm rubbing issue is 73813. "R4 Rear tires contact the draft arms with some 3pt implements attached" This is the one that we're all complaining about. See page 3 of the PDF

The other DTAC case is 79463 "62D Mower deck lift arm linkage hardware contacts the rear R3 or R4 tires". Shown on pg 1 and 2 of the attached PDF. I'm not familiar with this one, since I'm using an RFM for my cutting. Maybe others can attest to this other tire rubbing issue, which is seemingly unrelated to the 3ph tire rubbing issue above.

I've already got a call and email into my local dealer INSISTING that this gets fixed under warranty. I expect nothing less! NONE OF US SHOULD!!!

Good luck to all!

GN

Attachments

• Two DTACs 79463 & 73813.pdf
    365.2 KB · Views: 799
   / Calling all 2520 owners #10  
oops.. page ordering is out.

Page 1 of the PDF is related to 62D linkage rubbing tires (79463)

Pages 2 and 3 of the PDF are related to the 3ph rubbing tires (73813)

Also, note publication date on these two. 73813 was published back in '06. 79463 was recently published in February '08.