3-Point Hitch 3pt-time from lever move to 3pt move

/ 3pt-time from lever move to 3pt move #1  

Ken Cunningham

Gold Member
How much delay is there on your tractor from the time you move the lever untill the 3pt reacts. Mine seems sluggish, but since its the only one ive ever had i dont have any comparison.

/ 3pt-time from lever move to 3pt move #2  
The downward movement is immediate, the speed controlled by where you set the valve. The upward motion is immediate also, but dependent upon weight of the implement being used and the rpm of the engine, it can have a varying range of speed.

/ 3pt-time from lever move to 3pt move #3  
Ken Cunningham said:
How much delay is there on your tractor from the time you move the lever untill the 3pt reacts. Mine seems sluggish, but since its the only one ive ever had i dont have any comparison.
. On some units that can be adjusted. It may be on your seat.

/ 3pt-time from lever move to 3pt move #4  
My experience pretty much mirrors GunMakers...Most of the time it's pretty instantaneous...

/ 3pt-time from lever move to 3pt move #5  
I forget since your profile is blank, but I think you have a 5000 series? Mine moves instantaneously as long as it is revved up a bit and the knob under the seat is open (I have a 2320). If there is no weight on it, it goes down very slowly.

Scott

/ 3pt-time from lever move to 3pt move
Let me clarify, its a JD1070 and it moves down immediatley when the lever is moved, but there is about a one second delay before it will move up.

/ 3pt-time from lever move to 3pt move #7  
Ken Cunningham said:
Let me clarify, its a JD1070 and it moves down immediatley when the lever is moved, but there is about a one second delay before it will move up.

Sounds like a low fluid level or restriction somewhere.

Did your 3PH always have this hesitation, or is it something recent?

/ 3pt-time from lever move to 3pt move
Just got it in febuary and its allways been that way. I remember seeing something in the manual about an adjustment. Was just wondering if any delay at all was noraml.

/ 3pt-time from lever move to 3pt move #9  
There is an adjustment to control how fast the 3pt drops when you move the lever down. It allows you to compensate for the weight of the implement. Usually a knob between/behind your lower legs.

/ 3pt-time from lever move to 3pt move #10  
Ken;

Your 1070 has a draft control feedback linkage just like the "big-boy" Ag tractors.

The draft control linkage has an adjustment that influences the rate of lift of the 3pt. arms.

Note; rate of lift - not rate of drop.

The draft control is used when pulling a moldboard plow or other ground engagement implements. It helps to maintain a specific, set depth for the implement.

You really need to get your hands on the owner's manual or better yet the Technical repair manual.

Best of luck.

AKfish