Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Gold Member

Default 3pt-time from lever move to 3pt move

How much delay is there on your tractor from the time you move the lever untill the 3pt reacts. Mine seems sluggish, but since its the only one ive ever had i dont have any comparison.

Tractor
    jd 425 / jd 2520

Default Re: 3pt-time from lever move to 3pt move

The downward movement is immediate, the speed controlled by where you set the valve. The upward motion is immediate also, but dependent upon weight of the implement being used and the rpm of the engine, it can have a varying range of speed.
    2520 w/200cx & JD 61"bucket/toothbar-46 backhoe-54" plow-Woods RB60/84-Woods LR72-Meyers 6ft plow w/JD Quick-Tatch
    425 w/54"mmm-54"plow

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cunningham
    How much delay is there on your tractor from the time you move the lever untill the 3pt reacts. Mine seems sluggish, but since its the only one ive ever had i dont have any comparison.
    . On some units that can be adjusted. It may be on your seat.
    Nuru
    JD 3520

Tractor
    John Deere 4110

My experience pretty much mirrors GunMakers...Most of the time it's pretty instantaneous...
    John Deere 4110HST
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks, I-Match, Ballast Box, #380 plow (modified to fit), Markham LD-48 Grapple, Trac-Vac 854 and lots of other STUFF.

John Deere 4x2 Turf Gator

View some of my projects/adventures in my Picasa Album

Simple JDParts Tutorial HERE

Silver Member
    Tractor
    JD 2320 w/200cx loader w/53" bucket

I forget since your profile is blank, but I think you have a 5000 series? Mine moves instantaneously as long as it is revved up a bit and the knob under the seat is open (I have a 2320). If there is no weight on it, it goes down very slowly.

Scott

Gold Member

Let me clarify, its a JD1070 and it moves down immediatley when the lever is moved, but there is about a one second delay before it will move up.

Tractor
    John Deere 4400 MFWD, Deere 855D UTV and assorted implements

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cunningham
    Let me clarify, its a JD1070 and it moves down immediatley when the lever is moved, but there is about a one second delay before it will move up.
    Sounds like a low fluid level or restriction somewhere.

Did your 3PH always have this hesitation, or is it something recent?
    Roy Jackson

"Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one."
    -Joseph P. Martino

Gold Member

Just got it in febuary and its allways been that way. I remember seeing something in the manual about an adjustment. Was just wondering if any delay at all was noraml.

Tractor
    jd 425 / jd 2520

There is an adjustment to control how fast the 3pt drops when you move the lever down. It allows you to compensate for the weight of the implement. Usually a knob between/behind your lower legs.
    2520 w/200cx & JD 61"bucket/toothbar-46 backhoe-54" plow-Woods RB60/84-Woods LR72-Meyers 6ft plow w/JD Quick-Tatch
    425 w/54"mmm-54"plow

Tractor
    JD 5075M; JD 110 TLB; Ford Ferguson 9N: JD X300R

Ken;

Your 1070 has a draft control feedback linkage just like the "big-boy" Ag tractors.

The draft control linkage has an adjustment that influences the rate of lift of the 3pt. arms.

Note; rate of lift - not rate of drop.

The draft control is used when pulling a moldboard plow or other ground engagement implements. It helps to maintain a specific, set depth for the implement.

You really need to get your hands on the owner's manual or better yet the Technical repair manual.

Best of luck.

AKfish

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast