Two lift arm holes on 3ph arms on 4010/4110

/ Two lift arm holes on 3ph arms on 4010/4110 #1  

RalphVa

Tractor
JD 2025R, previously Gravely 5650 & JD 4010 & JD 1025R
This probably applies to the 4010 and 4110.

The arms on my 3ph lift arms have 2 holes that the lift arms from the hydraulics can attach to. My came attached to the holes furthest from the tractor. The other day, I tried the putting the lift arms in the holes closer to the tractor, thinking that this would allow more lift height. Strangely enough, the lift height seemed to be a bit lower! I measured the lift heights by position on my leg down in the field. Didn't seem any different at all.

Anyone know what the story is on the 2 hole choices?

The new 2320 and/or 2520 have 2 or 3 holes in the lift arm itself. Those make a lot more sense and are certainly direct in how they work.

Ralph

/ Two lift arm holes on 3ph arms on 4010/4110 #2  
Yup, mine has two holes as well, I have never tried to use the other ones though...

/ Two lift arm holes on 3ph arms on 4010/4110 #3  
I have two sets of holes on my 2520. I haven't tried the rearward set. Depending upon the exact geometry the other set of holes my lift higher, allow it to drop closer to the ground, or perhaps both. I see nothing in my manual discussing what the extra set of holes will accomplish. But then again, the manual is pretty poor in my opinion. The one thing I know for sure is that the rearward set of holes is going to give you more lifting capacity. Question is whether or not the machine is designed for that. Wish the manual said something.