Trailer length for 110 TLB

/ Trailer length for 110 TLB #1  

TLM

Hello all,
I am going to pick up my new 110 on Wed. or Thurs. and am curious if my trailer, (14k, 19' + 3' dovetail) will accomodate the machine with the backhoe lowered. Those of you with 110 what length of trailer are you using?
Thanks in advance.

/ Trailer length for 110 TLB #2  
Congrats on the 110. We sell a 20 foot 18+2 but we don't set the backhoe on the deck so I'm not sure if that would work. I would say your trailer should be closer to doing the job.

/ Trailer length for 110 TLB #3  
You shouldn't have a problem. However, I'm wondering why you would want to lower the backhoe down to ride on the deck of the trailer?

I just trailered my new 110 nearly 2,800 miles back to Alaska with the hoe locked in the up position. Not a hiccup... the whole way. :)

My trailer is a 20' - 14K tilt-bed that's split at 16' and 4' with a 2' foot dovetail -- overall it's 22'.

I also had a 800lb root grapple, the HD bucket with cutting edge and the Workpro 48" forks anchored at the front end of the trailer; so, I was a little short on real estate at the back end of the trailer...

Best of luck with your new 110! :D I think you'll find it to be one h$ll of a machine!

AKfish

/ Trailer length for 110 TLB
Thanks for the replys fellows, I wanted to set the hoe on the deck, only because I thought that you had to secure it to the deck. I am pretty excited and cannot wait until tomorrow evening. Thanks guys.
Tim

/ Trailer length for 110 TLB #5  
I dont know how the boom locks in the up position on a 110, but my much more modest woods 7.5' hoe stretched the ~1/2" thick steel lock strap as a result of road travel.

/ Trailer length for 110 TLB #6  
Steve -- that's definitely something to consider -- but, it wasn't an issue with the 110.

Maybe I'm just lucky... but after 4 days buckin' and bouncin' thru those frost heaves and stretches of new snow -- not so much as a flat tire!! :)

The lock attachment is a thick, 2-fingered claw that clamps onto a thru-bolt on the boom. It's all of 1/2" and might be a bit heavier than that. It looks like the shiny, grade #8 bolt material.

Stout... :D

I still trailer the machine in that manner.

AKfish

/ Trailer length for 110 TLB #7  
Loaded my 110 for a trip (50 miles roundtrip) to help a buddy tear down an old retaining wall and help move 28,000 lbs of block to build a new wall.

Thought I'd check my owner's manual to see if my recommendation to leave the boom locked in the upright position was OK with the folk's at JD.

It is... they recommend you leave it locked upright with the swing pin installed as well OR secured to the deck of the trailer.

The locking plate is 5/8"; so, there's some hefty material to keep things in position.

AKfish

/ Trailer length for 110 TLB
Fellows,
I picked up the 110 last night and am happy to report that 22 feet is enough to lay the backhoe boom down and give you enough room to adjust hitch weight. I will post pics soon, it was too dark last night. Thanks for you time.
Tim

/ Trailer length for 110 TLB #9  
Congrats Tim, enjoy the 110!

We have a 3520 with cab + 448 hoe and we always secure the boom to the deck. It does a little bit to spread out the weight. Even doing this the trailer has sagged at the back where the rear wheels sit.:confused: It's a BigTEX 12k trailer w/ 16"s. Perhaps the trailer rails were not positioned right. Has anyone else had this problem?:(