Loose wheel bolts/My tractor is back

/ Loose wheel bolts/My tractor is back #1  

Anonymous Poster

Well,
I have my tractor back now,I have a new loader but have not been billed yet,I have not heard from John Deere either.Last week I called John Deere with my complaint(in regard to the loose wheel bolts problem) and was given a case number and was told John deere would get back in touch with me. I am still waiting to hear from them and waiting to see what all is on my bill.I am wondering if the dealer will charge me for the wheel repairs.If they do charge me for the wheel/bolt repairs and if I have not heard anything from John Deere regarding my claim,I may just pay for the loader and not the wheels/bolts(considering this case is still unresolved).What course of action would John Deere have? Take me to small claims court? What do you think?

/ Loose wheel bolts/My tractor is back #2  
Discuss with your dealer when you know what the charges are. Remember, your dealer is going to do authorized warranty repair work and will be reimbursed from John Deere. Anything not covered by John Deere, your dealer will either have to pass the cost on to you or cover as customer goodwill. Your dealer probably wants to do whats right for you and may need to persuade John Deere to cover if this repair is not covered by Deere. Usually, the dealer wins a few and Deere wins a few some of these items. In any case, if Deere does not cover, start with the JD rep and owner relations. Your dealer will be able to tell you the chain of command to follow for results. Good luck.

/ Loose wheel bolts/My tractor is back #3  
IO agree with everyone else, but stick to your guns, though. No way you should have to pay for that problem, especially since youre not the only one thats had the problem...I've read about it quite a bit on this board alone. JD has a decent rep thought so I'd be shocked if JD didn't stand behind their tractor.

Make sure you keep us all posted how it goes, after all, a lot of us would like to get another tractor someday...

/ Loose wheel bolts/My tractor is back #4  
Should it ever go so far as small claims, document, document, document. Same holds true if it doesn't. You can be sure that the dealer has recorded much of what has transpired. Make sure you have your side spelled out even more thoroughly. Whether it is a JD rep or some other arbitrator, often it it the thorough records that make or break the deal.

/ Loose wheel bolts/My tractor is back
A lot of my documentation is the information you gentlemen have sent me about the problems ,service bulletins and information I have gotten from others on jplan.com.I have it in my e-mail.If and when it went to small claims who would subpoena me my dealer or John Deere?I have never been to court before or never had a subpoena sent to me. How does the process work? I hate to go this route on anything,I really like my dealer and the guys who work there,it would be nothing presonnal,it is the principal of the whole thing that stinks.

/ Loose wheel bolts/My tractor is back #6  
so is there anything new?

I don't know if it would even go to court. Many manufactures use third party arbitration to settle these things. Usually it doesn't go even that far...

There is a NH t=hread going that covers a cracked bell housing that is similar, and the advice there is good for yours. It looks to be cleared up, too...

The lady that gave me my case number called my house the other day,while I was work and told my wife "were are going to get the ball rolling"I called back 2 or 3 times and could not get her on the phone and she e-mailed me and apologized for being so hard to reach and told me what she was doing and I then had her e-mail address and typed up a sequence of events and sent back to her at JD and have not heard anything since Monday 22.

/ Loose wheel bolts/My tractor is back #8  
If you look in your warranty information you might find that first time disputes with JD go to an arbitrator but that is usually not binding in all States. if it finally gets to Small claims, it will most likely be the dealer who brings an action as the Company will most likely tell him he has to eat the cost. You will get a notice , usually delivered by a Sheriff's Deputy to appear at a certain time and date. You have the option yourself to subpeona documents from the dealer including their not so public Tech Bulletins etc. the subpeonas are usually issued by the hearing authority, here in NC it would be a magistrate. Hopefully it will not come to all this but the dealer will make good on the repairs..........Good luck

Thank you Gary for the information.I hope it does not go that far either,but I am going to do the best I can to make John Deere cover this problem.

Thanks

New wheel centers and new axles,12 hours of operation my right rear wheel bolts started coming loose(I took a magic marker and marked my new wheel bolts and new wheels the day my tractor was brought home)The bolts on the new right wheel had loosened about a 1/4" after about 12 hours operation.I called my dealer and informed him of the reoccuring problem,he told me that John Deere would pay for the new axles and new wheel centers(he had just got word)but he was not sure about the labor,I tell him to tell Deere there is no way I am going to pay the labor and we still have a wheel problem,he said they will figure out what to do about my new wheel loose bolt problem and to call him back tommorow.
Stay tuned.......................