Installing temp. gauge on 2305

/ Installing temp. gauge on 2305 #1  

camillit

Bronze Member
My 2007 2305 has an idiot light for engine temp...what bs. I want to see tempertures so I get to know what is normal, and to see when temps start to get high. I don't want to know when I have a probelm, I want to be proactive. How can i install a temp gauge, and where?

/ Installing temp. gauge on 2305 #2  
I've been looking and thinking about this same project for a while now. I know where I want to install the gauge, and I have been looking into the type of gauge that would work best. Choices seem to be electrical sending unit or mechanical type. Also need to decide if a marine water proof gauge is necessary or not. I'll probably go with a small < 2" diameter electrical sending unit with a lighted dial, black face with white numbers. I am also planning to install a warning buzzer that will go off when the "idiot light" illuminates.

/ Installing temp. gauge on 2305
I agree regarding your selection of gauges. We need to know where to connect what........maybe the sending unit on the engine for the idiot light must be changed? Where is the engine temperature sender on this engine?

/ Installing temp. gauge on 2305 #4  
Will need a new sender. Stock is a switch set @ 230ーF. Located in water pump housing below the thermostat.

/ Installing temp. gauge on 2305 #5  
Will need a new sender. Stock is a switch set @ 230F. Located in water pump housing below the thermostat.

/ Installing temp. gauge on 2305 #6  
I installed a cyberdyne on my 2210 about 4 years ago. Got it from JC Whitney. I drilled and tapped the plug below the T stat housing. No problems so far. The unit came with the sender, the reason for digital was I couldn't read an analog gauge from the seat.

Attachments

• Temp.jpg
    Temp.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 486
  • tractor2.jpg
    tractor2.jpg
    542.1 KB · Views: 619
   / Installing temp. gauge on 2305 #7  
If anyone gets the tempature gauge, please post some photos
so I can see how you installed it. I imagine a lot of 2305/2210 owners
are watching this post. Thanks.:)