Oil & Fuel My 2320 Hydraulic/Transmission Oil Change Thoughts

/ My 2320 Hydraulic/Transmission Oil Change Thoughts #11  
I just completed the 50 hour service on my 2320 at 66 hours. I was surprised by the amount of filings in the sump and on the screen but reading on TBN I knew what to expect. What I never expected was to see all four magnets stuck together inside the screen filter. I know there is lots of fluid moving through there and after all they are magnets but I thought they might stay in place (seperated) to collect more metal. The engine oil change went very easy other than trying to refill the oil with the FEL attached, maybe next time I will take the FEL off to make things a little easier to work around. The tranny fluid change took much longer because the 3 point has to be partly removed and I couldn't get the rod out that holds the sway control links in place. The rod hit the rim before it was out far enough to remove the sway linkage. They I removed the rigth bushing and was able to get things apart that way. The manual shows pictures but not for the 2320, the back end of teh tranny looks totally different than my 2320. The filter cover on mine has 4 bolts and a spring holding the filter in place. I am not sure what the picture is from in the manual but it sure isn't this 2320 I have. Once everything was cleaned out for teh tranny fluid I put in 10 litres but still need to add a little more because I saw nothing in the site glass after running at idle for a few minutes and waiting about 10 minutes after shutting it down. I will check it and add what I will need before using it.
This is a great little tractor, next purchase I am thinking will be a 5 foot box blade for landscaping and driveway maintenance. Local dealer gave me a price on a Frontier 2060 box blade of $990.00. I am in southern Saskatchewan.

/ My 2320 Hydraulic/Transmission Oil Change Thoughts #12  
I just changed the transmission oil on my 2720 for the first time. It only has 45 hours on it but it's three years old so I figured it was time to do it. I was expecting metal shavings on the suction screen but not the quantity I found. It was quite a little pile and a couple of them were bigger than shavings. I filled it up very slowly and I found that the dipstick showed that it still needed a bit while the site glass showed full. It pays to fill a little at a time, allow the oil to settle, and keep checking both the site glass and the dipstick. And John Deere could extend the dipstick handle a little to make it easier for guys with big hands to get to it. All in all it was an easy operation and went smoothly. I'm glad I did it when I did.