300cx troubles...

/ 300cx troubles... #1  

jd670

Gold Member
Tractor
John Deere 3320 - gator cx - JD 425
Hi everyone...long time reader, first time poster. This site is great.
my problem..I just purchased a 3320 with the 300cx loader and was using it for the first time when the loader masts popped off the mounts bolted to the frame. One minute it was digging fine, the next, a loud pop and off they came. Has anyone ever had this problem before? I just traded my 3 year old 4210 with a 300x loader, and never had this happen on the 300x. It this just an adjustment problem or dealer not installing it properly?

/ 300cx troubles... #2  
The latch mechanism may have not been locked properly when the loader was last put on.

Steve

/ 300cx troubles...
thanks...I printed some service info from the internet, since my dealer forgot to give me the 300cx manual, and found out what may be my problem. Looks Ilike I need to adjust the mounting arms by loosening them up and mounting the loader. Then tighten them up to spec. I'm going out now to give this a try. I'll post on how this turns out.

/ 300cx troubles...
Went out and did the adjustment. Helped a little, but still loosened up alot. Made dealer come out and take it to the shop. I see Jason977 is having the same problem as me. I replied to his post about my problem in the buying and pricing section. Jason, let me know what they tell you and i'll do the same. Has anyone else ever had this happen?

/ 300cx troubles... #5  
Check to see if the mount posts are on their right sides, left on left, right on right.

/ 300cx troubles... #6  
Willl said:
Check to see if the mount posts are on their right sides, left on left, right on right.

I was gonna suggest thast too!

/ 300cx troubles...
Hello everyone...Got my 3320 back from the dealer on Thursday of last week. After them having it for 2 weeks. They replaced the mounting arms AND the loader masts along with the latches that lock it into place. Worked it pretty good this weekend and no problems. They also filled the tires. I asked for rim guard and got calcium chloride. Oh well. Everything was fine untill I noticed the left side of my hood was dull flat green. I looked closer and noticed they scratched my hood while they had it. So they sprayed JD green paint from a can to cover it up. Man was I (sorry for cussing) pissed!! I thought about calling my dealer to *****,but figured it wouldn't do any good. So, I wet sanded the hood untill I was down to the orginal clear coat. Buffed it up, and it turned out pretty darn good. All the flat green is gone and the shine is back to 90%. The scratch was only about 2 inches long but down through the paint to the black plastic. I wish they would have left it alone for me to fix and just said they were sorry. I know accidents happen and things get bumped in shops. I need to get my wife to show me how to post pics so I can show you guys the things I'm talking about. Hopefully I'll have no more problems....Jason, hope yours got straightened out.

/ 300cx troubles... #8  
Did they give you a reason at for the first issues? Was something bent?

Matt T.

/ 300cx troubles... #9  
I was gonna ask tthe same thing as it sure sounds like something was bent and i am glad they gave you a fresh loader. Sounds like they discovered an installation-based issue and decided to replace the loader.

/ 300cx troubles... #10  
I think they owe you a new hood.