How many acres do you own/operate on?

/ How many acres do you own/operate on? #131  
A little over 25 acres where we live, plus a 50-acre loblolly tree farm an hour and 15 minutes south of here. Behind our property is a tree farm with hundreds of acres and trails where we can wander. We have a 4-acre field behind the house that we're gradually expanding and improving, and have notions of growing grain on---wheat if possible. And we have gardens, grapes, fruit trees, outbuildings, bluebird and bat shelters, several miles of trails . . .

It's amazing what you can do with even a little land. A little land can go a LONG way!

/ How many acres do you own/operate on? #132  
Got 56 acres 2 years ago. What a blast dirt, trees, rocks, drive, pond, food plots, grass, garden and a 3038 to keep it all tamed. Love the outdoors and my deere.

/ How many acres do you own/operate on? #133  
Got 56 acres 2 years ago. What a blast dirt, trees, rocks, drive, pond, food plots, grass, garden and a 3038 to keep it all tamed. Love the outdoors and my deere.

/ How many acres do you own/operate on? #134  
Bought 46 acres last week. About half is pasture with the other half being trees or water. No equipment yet but am enjoying the planning! If money was no object, I would probably get a JD 5085M and a Ferris 2500 but both would be an overkill so I will go slow.

/ How many acres do you own/operate on? #135  
I have 80 acres (50-50 with my brother) wich is all wooded, except the 4 acres where my hoyse is and the 3 acres qhere the pole barn is. So far, the only equipment we have is my dads bx2350 ( fel, mmm, back blade and front mount snow blower) It is not enough but beleive me folks, it is A LOT better than not having a tractor at all. Eventually I ll get something a bit bigger !

/ How many acres do you own/operate on? #136  
250 acres, 150 of it tilled, the rest split up between pasture, woods and swamp. 2- 4010's (one gas one diesel), 401C TLB, JD 60, Bobcat M500, etc.

/ How many acres do you own/operate on? #137  
4 acres of woods, John Deere 317 61hp skid steer to maintain it all. :D

/ How many acres do you own/operate on? #138  
We bought 42 acres last year, got our house sold and have moved out there. Right now we live in a camper and a metal building / apartment untill we build our house. The land is mostly flat with a few small hills scattered. Around 20 acres is pasture/ mixed trees, and the rest woods. Also about a 2-3 acre slough bottom/ future pond. I have 1500' driveway. I maintain mostly with my 2040 Deere, some small jobs with my b7100 to keep it from getting jealous! Feels like I'm in paradise being back in the country!

/ How many acres do you own/operate on? #139  
5 acres, 1.5 lawn, the rest is trees we planted in the early 80's. I am in the process of clearing the brush in the trees to plant some small food plots. BX25, 60"mmm and a Ratchet Rake have been eqal to the task.

/ How many acres do you own/operate on? #140  
My first post on this website. I recently purchased 39 acres in a long rectangular shape with 5 acres cleared out & my house in the top right corner. The rest of the 34 acres consists mainly of loblolly pine (Caroline Pine), about 35 feet in height (they grow to 100 feet). I didnt have a lot of funds after the move and thought I would just buy a John Deere D140 for mowing the yard about 2k from Lowes. After being there for a few months during the summer I realized I shouldve just bought the tractor series. I am not sure what to do with my land. I have a tax deferment so if I chop the trees down I have to replant or pay about 10k in taxes. I was told when the trees are over 50' in height I might be able to sell them (clear cut) for about 3 to 5k per acre. I figure in 10 years I might get 5k an acre for clear cutting it. What to do with the remaining 5 acres already cleared? Its a mixture of weeds and grass and hay. I thought I could burn it, till it, and plant grapes (slight slope down to the road.) Any ideas?