How many acres do you own/operate on?

/ How many acres do you own/operate on? #151  
More than one, and it's hard work to hoe it all!

/ How many acres do you own/operate on? #152  
We have 220 acres (and some change).

About 10 acres of mowed yard...

Yard.jpg

About 90 tillable....

Hay.jpg Fence corner.jpg

About 120 in pasture and woods...

Fence.jpgPasture1.jpg

and a whole lotta work to do that I will never get done.

/ How many acres do you own/operate on? #153  
Those with large tracts....hats off to you!!

I have a little more than 8ac, of which around 2 are cleared and maintained. Dozen or so fruit trees, and rolling terrain to tend with the tractor. It is all I can do to keep up with it during the summer months! Forest that surrounds the clearing is slowly taking back the land, undergrowth is so thick you can't see into the tree-line at all. Lots to do, but never have time to get to it.

/ How many acres do you own/operate on? #154  
711ac. of woodland with 9000'+ on a small very private river. Kubota 9540 for keeping the several miles of acess roads (to skidder trails) open, mowed & in shape. Then there's the firewood also. Got a big 115hp Gehl skidsteer with a good selection of attachments, and a Hitachi excavator for some of the other never ending chores around here. When I hit the lottery or sell my 128 ac. farm in MD, I'd like to clear a couple or three, 30 ac. pasture's for livestock. Lot's of stumps, huge rocks dropped off by the last few glacier's, and they also left only a few inches of marginal top soil. This is where I'm supposed to be!:cool2:
Those are some of the smaller big rocks, we've got some as big as a 10 wheel drump truck. That's the river in early April 2011.

Very nice setting and those rocks would be a great topic of conversation in the back yard.

/ How many acres do you own/operate on? #155  
just under 7 acres that still looks like this (I did remove the downed trees)DSC_0011.JPG

/ How many acres do you own/operate on? #156  
We have 13 acres. Was dense pine plantation when we bought it in 2012. I cleared out 10 acres and left a buffer for privacy all around us. We take care of it with a deere 5055e with cab and mow around the house with a deere 332. I do some pasture mowing in the side and you hardly ever hear someone complain about having to much tractor

Brett

/ How many acres do you own/operate on? #157  
I have 80 acres located in what is called the scablands. The property is 55 acres of dirt/basaltic lava and 25 acres of water. The property includes a 5 acre, very deep, lake and part of a very large shallow lake. The attached photo is taken off the front porch - looking out across the little 5 acre lake. I have a Kubota M6040 which is mainly used to maintain my mile long gravel driveway and power a Wallenstein chipper.

View attachment 431412

/ How many acres do you own/operate on? #158  
About 66 acres with around 10 cleared . We live back off the road about 600' too right on the edge of a pasture. If you ever build a house and can pull it off do yourself a big favor. Build way back off the road. After the sticker shock of the driveway and electric line it's just plain ALL GOOD.

/ How many acres do you own/operate on? #159  
Got 6 acres and use a 27 hp Montana with loader, blade and landscape rake, mow with a JD 318 (awesome machine). Still in the process of cleaning up tops from having it logged. Trying to figure out what I can grow, raise, etc to get some write offs and not pay the guberment so much in taxes!:laughing:

/ How many acres do you own/operate on? #160  
Currently running 8 acres 3 flat ground and 5 hillside with a Mahindra 3616 HST. Small produce farm.