Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
    Tractor
    JD 2520

Default Re: How many acres do you own/operate on?

32 acres, with 20 acres as woods, 3 acres as field I the neighbor takes hay off of, and the remaining 9 is mowed.

I have plans for a steer later on so I will be fencing the 20 acres off and I am also planning on buying an outdoor woodboiler that I will be using the woods for firewood. Propane is getting crazy.
    2012 JD 2720 | 72" MMM | Curtis Hard Cab | 200CX FEL 73" bucket | JD 72" Rr Blade | Michigan Suspension Seat | SpeeCo Q-Hitch | JD Ballast-Box | 5ft King Kutter Brush Cutter |

Tractor
    New Holland TC45 Shuttle

Well, I have less than an acre and hit the house and garage with my TC45TLB......

I'm still plugging away at the 40 acre deal.....met with the fella the other day, walked the land........survey is supposed to take place in 2-4 weeks and bank said it takes 20 days to close after it has survey in hand.

I know I put the cart before the horse, but it was a good deal (least that's what I tell my wife) and even if this deal falls through, we'll be on the hunt for another..........

Ya'll will be the first to know when/if I get it. I'll have to tell someone that appreciates land!
    TC45 Shuttle, 270 hours, 758C backhoe, 16LA loader

Well, I looks like I just bought myself a lot of work.....

Tractor
    Deere 755

Five acres, of which about 3 and a half are woods, the balance is lawn and orchard. After living on it for 27 years, my wife and I beginning to clear the woods to expand the orchard and plant some fruit bushes, have a garden, and keep a few laying hens. We used to get eggs and produce from my father-in-law's farm 2 miles down the road, but he passed away a few years ago and that's no longer a viable option.

My 755- which I bought new in 1990- is just the right size for maintaining our property. Horsepower will never be an issue for me. Looks like I'll be adding a rototiller in the next year. We just added the gator because my wife wanted something beefier to replace her tired old EZ-Go golf cart to transport materials around the property. Our place is on a ridge and we have a steep narrow road connecting the area where the house is to the larger portion of the property.
    Jerry

JD 755 w/70 loader, 60" MMM, DR 3pt chipper, Woods RB60 blade, 48" KKII tiller, 8 hp tow behind Giant Vac
    Gator HPX 4x4 Gas,Cat 303c CR mini-ex

Tractor
    JD 3520

JD 3520 loader/backhoe on 10 acres of over grown woods, less than half acre open for the house. In the process of enlarging the house lot by about 2000 sq. ft. and a to do list that will last a life time.

DreaminGreen
    NEVER say "Hey watch this"!
    3520, 300cx Loader, Frontier 61" 4in1 bucket, 61" utility bucket,447BH, Frontier 2060BB

Tractor
    John Deere 2520, 1989 John Deere 185, 1960 Panzer T70B

I have 6 acres, 2 finish-mowed and 4 rough cut, with a couple of hundred feet of gravel drive.

I care for it with a JD 2520 with a 72 inch RFM, 60 inch rotary cutter, 5 foot box blade, 46 backhoe, 5 foot rear blade, loader, pallet forks, etc.

This seems to be the perfect sized tractor for my property. I chose the 2520 over smaller models primarily for the ability to use the 60 inch rotary cutter and I think that has proven to be a good call.
    Runner

Tractor
    JD4400

Quote Originally Posted by Ramairfreak98ss
    10 acres in NJ is like 100 most other states.
    True, so true, especially where you are! BTW, I lived in White Horse from 10/61 to 12/04. Now "retired" in NE Burlington Co.

Dieselram, Tony lives about an hour north of there.

I have an old tired JD 4400, 47BH, LX5 mower, 6' FarmForce box blade. With it I maintain about 6 acres of open field around the house (property is just a tick over 7 acres) & mostly use the back hoe to plant small trees (I seem to have this strange aversion to shovels). Lawn mowing is done with a JD X304 & an old tired 22" K-Mart walk-behind.

Tractor
    John Deere 2320

We have 160 acres, 140 of it is rented out for grain and this season has been seeded with Durham wheat. There is about 10 acres of low water spots and a dugout. The other 10 is our yard site with landscaping in progress, there is about 5 acres from the yard site to the highway I cut with a 60" Frontier rotoary cutter but the rest of the yard will be finish mowed with the 54" MMM. I have a 2320 with FEL, 655 tiller, 54" MMM, 60" rotary cutter. The 2320 handles the 60" rotary with no trouble, if I do get into any real heavy cutting I just slow down a little and it works great.
    2007 John Deere 2320 with 200CX front end loader, 54D mid-mount mower, I-Match three point attachment, 655 tiller, RC 1060 three point hitch mower and 47 two stage snow blower with front quick-hitch, 60 inch Buhler /Farm King box blade.

Tractor
    Kioti DK35, Ford 8N, Oliver Cletrac

85 acres 60is hardwood forest and the rest is old hay fields that a neighbor hays and trades me fresh pork for hay. Have a Kioti DK35 and a ford 8N.
    I can't control my day but I can control my attitude.

Tractor
    JD 1025, previously Gravely 5650 & JD 4010

I have a 4010 with 18.5 hp on 8.5 acres.

My neighbor has a 4310 with 30ish hp on 5 acres.

Don't think there's a correlation between acreage and hp needs.

Ralph
    The natural gardener
    God's original intent

Tractor
    2007 John Deere 3120 TLBM

Could be true, I would have a 4720 cab, loader, backhoe the works on .5 acre if I deemed it necessary! Money plays a big role in that.
    '07 John Deere 3120 TLB, 300cx, 447 hoe, 60" 7-Iron mid mower, CCM hyd. toplink, JD 513 brush hog

'11 John Deere Gator XUV 825i

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast