How many acres do you own/operate on?

/ How many acres do you own/operate on? #11  
32 acres, with 20 acres as woods, 3 acres as field I the neighbor takes hay off of, and the remaining 9 is mowed.

I have plans for a steer later on so I will be fencing the 20 acres off and I am also planning on buying an outdoor woodboiler that I will be using the woods for firewood. Propane is getting crazy.

/ How many acres do you own/operate on? #12  
Well, I have less than an acre:rolleyes: and hit the house and garage with my TC45TLB......:eek:

I'm still plugging away at the 40 acre deal.....met with the fella the other day, walked the land........survey is supposed to take place in 2-4 weeks and bank said it takes 20 days to close after it has survey in hand.

I know I put the cart before the horse, but it was a good deal (least that's what I tell my wife) and even if this deal falls through, we'll be on the hunt for another..........

Ya'll will be the first to know when/if I get it. I'll have to tell someone that appreciates land!:)

/ How many acres do you own/operate on? #13  
Five acres, of which about 3 and a half are woods, the balance is lawn and orchard. After living on it for 27 years, my wife and I beginning to clear the woods to expand the orchard and plant some fruit bushes, have a garden, and keep a few laying hens. We used to get eggs and produce from my father-in-law's farm 2 miles down the road, but he passed away a few years ago and that's no longer a viable option.

My 755- which I bought new in 1990- is just the right size for maintaining our property. Horsepower will never be an issue for me. Looks like I'll be adding a rototiller in the next year. We just added the gator because my wife wanted something beefier to replace her tired old EZ-Go golf cart to transport materials around the property. Our place is on a ridge and we have a steep narrow road connecting the area where the house is to the larger portion of the property.

/ How many acres do you own/operate on? #14  
JD 3520 loader/backhoe on 10 acres of over grown woods, less than half acre open for the house. In the process of enlarging the house lot by about 2000 sq. ft. and a to do list that will last a life time.

/ How many acres do you own/operate on? #15  
I have 6 acres, 2 finish-mowed and 4 rough cut, with a couple of hundred feet of gravel drive.

I care for it with a JD 2520 with a 72 inch RFM, 60 inch rotary cutter, 5 foot box blade, 46 backhoe, 5 foot rear blade, loader, pallet forks, etc.

This seems to be the perfect sized tractor for my property. I chose the 2520 over smaller models primarily for the ability to use the 60 inch rotary cutter and I think that has proven to be a good call.

/ How many acres do you own/operate on? #16  
Ramairfreak98ss said:
10 acres in NJ is like 100 most other states.

True, so true, especially where you are! BTW, I lived in White Horse from 10/61 to 12/04. Now "retired" in NE Burlington Co.

Dieselram, Tony lives about an hour north of there. ;)

I have an old tired JD 4400, 47BH, LX5 mower, 6' FarmForce box blade. With it I maintain about 6 acres of open field around the house (property is just a tick over 7 acres) & mostly use the back hoe to plant small trees (I seem to have this strange aversion to shovels). Lawn mowing is done with a JD X304 & an old tired 22" K-Mart walk-behind.

/ How many acres do you own/operate on? #17  
We have 160 acres, 140 of it is rented out for grain and this season has been seeded with Durham wheat. There is about 10 acres of low water spots and a dugout. The other 10 is our yard site with landscaping in progress, there is about 5 acres from the yard site to the highway I cut with a 60" Frontier rotoary cutter but the rest of the yard will be finish mowed with the 54" MMM. I have a 2320 with FEL, 655 tiller, 54" MMM, 60" rotary cutter. The 2320 handles the 60" rotary with no trouble, if I do get into any real heavy cutting I just slow down a little and it works great.

/ How many acres do you own/operate on? #18  
85 acres 60is hardwood forest and the rest is old hay fields that a neighbor hays and trades me fresh pork for hay. Have a Kioti DK35 and a ford 8N.

/ How many acres do you own/operate on? #19  
I have a 4010 with 18.5 hp on 8.5 acres.

My neighbor has a 4310 with 30ish hp on 5 acres.

Don't think there's a correlation between acreage and hp needs.

Ralph

/ How many acres do you own/operate on?
Could be true, I would have a 4720 cab, loader, backhoe the works on .5 acre if I deemed it necessary! Money plays a big role in that.