How many acres do you own/operate on?

/ How many acres do you own/operate on? #81  
My part of our farm is 1500+ acre. I have partners in large farm. I have 3 lots to care for so I have my 6415/673 and just purchased 3520 cab/300cx/375 hoe/mx5 should be here today. I'll post pictures when I get it. I have 6 tile repairs to do immediately so it will get put to good use. I also have my old 4020 with farmhand loader and a Long backhoe. I think the 3520, even though smaller, will outpace that old one. esp. the backhoe. that ol' 3pt backhoe is pretty weak.

/ How many acres do you own/operate on? #82  
I have 30 acres in Thomson, Ga. I have a JD 790 with 300 FEL , 5 ft bushhog, 5ft kingkutter finsh mower, 5 ft boxblade. I grew up on my a 25 acre farm with a Farmall Super A and a Ford 801 powermaster.

/ How many acres do you own/operate on? #83  
I have 85 acres. appr 35 of which was timbered appr 4 years ago. I just finished reclaiming this land, finished discing yesterday. Will let set till end of month then plant tifton 9 grass on it. The rest is combo woods and old sagebrush and blackberries. I have a 4720 branson, good tractor longing for a 4720 johndeere cab version.....

/ How many acres do you own/operate on? #84  
I don't own any land other than the 1/3 acre lot my house is on, but I keep my tractor at my parents home. They do have a full acre, I hope to be able to buy a small tract of land one day. But, the real reason I have a tractor is to use at my hunt club. We maintain almost 1000 acres with bushhogging, planting food plots, and maintaining some creek crossings. We have several creeks that run through the lease and we have the banks cut down on three crossings so we can drive the tractors & atv's through. They are the biggest problem we have (and beavers that keep damming them up). :mad: Everytime we have heavy rains it usually causes washouts that make it harder to cross. Every so often the landowner will have timber cut off of the place and the timber crews will fix them up pretty good since they usually will have a bulldozer. Several guys in my club have tractors and we share the work so mine's not the only there. Our club has been saving some money to try and buy one for the club so we can always have one down there. We just found out about an 8N for about $1400 so I think we're going to look at this later this week. Supposed to have two new rear tires, that's worth about $400, right? Might be a good deal depending on how it runs. We will see......

/ How many acres do you own/operate on? #85  
I don't own any land other than the 1/3 acre lot my house is on, but I keep my tractor at my parents home. They do have a full acre, I hope to be able to buy a small tract of land one day. But, the real reason I have a tractor is to use at my hunt club. We maintain almost 1000 acres with bushhogging, planting food plots, and maintaining some creek crossings. We have several creeks that run through the lease and we have the banks cut down on three crossings so we can drive the tractors & atv's through. They are the biggest problem we have (and beavers that keep damming them up). :mad: Everytime we have heavy rains it usually causes washouts that make it harder to cross. Every so often the landowner will have timber cut off of the place and the timber crews will fix them up pretty good since they usually will have a bulldozer. Several guys in my club have tractors and we share the work so mine's not the only there. Our club has been saving some money to try and buy one for the club so we can always have one down there. We just found out about an 8N for about $1400 so I think we're going to look at this later this week. Supposed to have two new rear tires, that's worth about $400, right? Might be a good deal depending on how it runs. We will see......

If you are looking for a tractor I would at least get something with live PTO. Especially if you are going to run a bush hog on it. If you are set on getting something without live PTO definately buy an ORC(over running clutch) so you will be able to stop if needed.

/ How many acres do you own/operate on? #87  
we feel like we jumped in neck deep to an old abandoned 800ac farm but were the little guys in the area. avg farm is 1400ac. Were planning to have the move finished this spring and then the real work begins I am sooooo anxious. where we live now is 3.8acres and its tough to find a level spot to do an oil change:D. theres no hill in sight at the new place

/ How many acres do you own/operate on? #88  
We have 40 ac in East texas on one place and 3 in another and several rentals on city lots. Then 2 ac in Central Texas where we live. Just bought a JD 110 TLB to do some clean up on the East Texas places. The Central Texas place hasn't really needed anything more than a string trimmer to cut the grass in the past year because it's been so dry.

/ How many acres do you own/operate on? #89  
Ive got about 800 acres and I use a New Holland 1715 wath a cab and FEL, a John Deere 3320, a New holland LS45, John Deere F525, and a Ferris commercial mower

/ How many acres do you own/operate on? #90  
20 acres at home with a JD3520 37 HP (30 PTO) 1/2 hour outside of Ann Arbor, MI. 10 acres wooded (heats the house) and 10 acres field grass.

38 acres up north, 3 hours from home with a 1993 new to me Case 580SK backhoe (72 HP ?) with a 4N1 bucket. I have about 15 acres of pine stumps to burn, bury, or just let rot in place. Was 30 acres red pines and 8 acres hardwoods. Putting in a 1100 foot driveway and clearing for future house and barn. I'm moving a lot of dirt to get rid of the ups and downs between where the house will go and the road, which is 90' of elevation change (70 inches of snow per year).

Last edited: