Page 1 of 15 123411 ... LastLast
    Tractor
    2007 John Deere 3120 TLBM

Default How many acres do you own/operate on?

Figured I would start a little questionare here, how many acres do you use your tractor on and how big of a machine do you have? I have 25.5 of some field and woods and a 4300 TLB, 513 JD hog, International 5" box scraper and a 6' KK York rake. WANT A LARGE FRAME COMPACT!
    '07 John Deere 3120 TLB, 300cx, 447 hoe, 60" 7-Iron mid mower, JD 513 brush hog, JD forks, Fimco 3pt sprayer with booms

'04 John Deere X595 62" deck, 54" hydraulic plow, 3 point hitch

'14 Polaris Ranger 900XP Titanium Matte

'13 Ram 2500 4x4 Outdoorsman crew cab Cummins diesel 6-speed stick

'08 Harley Davidson Night Train

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Ferris/Simplicity/John Deere

Default Re: How many acres do you own/operate on?

lol, this will sound funny until the end.

I use a 27hp diesel simplicity legacy 4x4 tractor has a 60" shaft mower on it, 48" bucket etc.

I live in dirty jersey with .7 acres, yeah theres a "point" in there, most of my yard is dirt, trees, house and gardens so not much grass. I use a 48" ferris zero turn 21hp mower, a 61" ferris 27hp mower and my newest is a 08 ferris 72" mower with a 32hp briggs big block vanguard !

We do landscaping and lawn care though Yeah, i mow across the street, testing different blades and stuff with the 72", the other two i can zip around my property, of what grass part there is in about 2-3 minutes and be done. Id love to get 2-5 acres here in the next couple years but its hard to do :/ 10 acres in NJ is like 100 most other states. Most landscapers only have a few and thats doing good!
    2005-2008 Ferris & Simplicity Mowers
    06 Simplicity Legacy XL 27hp Diesel 4x4 Tractor
    09 66hp Deere 4720 http://entertainment.webshots.com/album/568957542RPhgRb
    09 Deere 244j lil loader jan2010
    2010, 2011, 2012 & 2013 Deere skid steers & track loaders

Tractor
    2007 John Deere 3120 TLBM

Do you live by Tony Soprano?
    '07 John Deere 3120 TLB, 300cx, 447 hoe, 60" 7-Iron mid mower, JD 513 brush hog, JD forks, Fimco 3pt sprayer with booms

'04 John Deere X595 62" deck, 54" hydraulic plow, 3 point hitch

'14 Polaris Ranger 900XP Titanium Matte

'13 Ram 2500 4x4 Outdoorsman crew cab Cummins diesel 6-speed stick

'08 Harley Davidson Night Train

Silver Member
    Tractor
    JD 3320

I have 160 acres of very hilly and steep ground that is mostly covered with redwood, fir, and tanoak forest. I probably only have around 6 acres of cleared land (so far) and about 2 miles of graveled road. I work this with a 3320, 300CX, 447 backhoe, Farmi logging winch, KingKutter 84" (lightweight) landscape rake, and a 72" box blade, top & tilt, post hole digger, and 3Pt palette forks all made by Gearmore . Today in the morning I cleared and cut up a small (~15" at the base) oak that fell on one road, and put in a culvert in the afternoon. Busy busy.

Steve

Tractor
    John Deere 5325 & John Deere 910A 22hp Kawasaki/54" deck

well, I own about 740 acres. It used to be my grandparents farm and after they passed away in 2004, it was left to myself and two of my cousins. I live on the property and do all the upkeep and maintinance on it. there are 500 acres that I live on/around and then about 2 miles away we have a 200 acre tract and a 40 acre tract. I would estimate that about 600 or so acres are all hardwoods and planted pines(long leaf and short leaf). I have a 27hp JD 950 that we have always had to maintain this place with(bush hogging, cutting firebreaks, etc) and it's just overmatched really. Need to get something about twice as big. thing is, I can't go TOO big because it won't fit in the shed(8 x 9), unless I want to build a new tractor shed, which I don't. I could probably be ok with a 60hp, with a 6' bush hog and deffinatley a FEL. or I've been debating buying a new tractor, bush hog, and disk and maybe trying to find an older tractor with a FEL or even a small CUT with a FEL. probably just going to buy one tractor and set it up to handle everything though. haven't made up my mind if I want tog et 4wd or not because we really don't have any muddy land, it's very flat and mostly sandy stuff and I haven't been stuck with my current 2wd tractor but once and that was my mistake not the tractors fault. although, this tractor has its limits of what I can do, so when I get my new tractor with FEL I may wish I had gotten 4wd. I dunno, still trying to figure everything out, so far I'm back and forth with a million options running through my head while I save up my $$$. maybe I should sell off some land??haha

We have 159 acres of hunting property with woods, planted pines, and about 10 acres of food plots and roads. We own a 5103 50 hp tractor 2wd, a 6 foot Rhino mower and a 6 foot Brown disc. Wish I had some wider tires on the back end and at times I wish we had MFWD. But, we got a good deal on our machine and we have been pleased with it. Tractor is almost a year old (10 months) and has 37 hours on it.

If I had endless amounts of money, I would have bought a 5425 MFWD and gotten a cab. Maybe one day???

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Kioti DK45SE HST

Almost 38 acres of which 27 acres or so are presently row cropped fields. The other 10 is terraced, overgrown with lots of trees and two stock tanks.
    I just purchased a Kioti DK45SE and intend to convert the whole thing to fenced pasture over the next year and cow-calf on it.

Warhammer

Quote Originally Posted by dieselram
    Figured I would start a little questionare here, how many acres do you use your tractor on and how big of a machine do you have? I have 25.5 of some field and woods and a 4300 TLB, 513 JD hog, International 5" box scraper and a 6' KK York rake. WANT A LARGE FRAME COMPACT!

We have 68 acres of which about eight is play farm and the rest is woods. The little kubota B7100 HST has its hands full.
    Egon
    50 years behind the times
    Livin in a
    Worn out skin bag filled with rattlin bones

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Deere 3520 Cab, Deere F935

F935 w/72" Deck to cut the grass and a 3520 Cab/300cx to play in the dirt...Lot is 2.1 Acres...75% of the lot is currently "Forest" but the 3520 is changing that...
    Yes my dues to the "Overkill club" are paid in full...I'm from a farming family and have used tractors from 20 to 200 hp since I was old enough to walk...she's from a farm family as well so we both see the NEED for tractors. Since we built the house in 06 we've been saying "If we had a tractor we could do this or that", etc..

Tractor
    Several, all used and abused.

We have 68 acres that started out as very thick forest. I've been clearing roads and pastures for five years now and have allot more to go. Probably 20 acres is open now that I maintain with either my 6ft Landpride rotary cutter or my 7ft Landpride grooming mower. I like to mow after a day of work for a few hours before dark, which is never enough time to finish anything, but it also isn't long enough to wear myself out either. If I get bored with mowing pastures, I can mow around the ponds, or just go for a ride mowing my trails.

I'm at 35hp and really wish I had ten more, but I can get it done with what I have and it's pretty good on fuel.

Eddie

Page 1 of 15 123411 ... LastLast