Quick attach loader-who does it??

/ Quick attach loader-who does it?? #1  

KB9UDE

Veteran Member
Tractor
John Deere 3320 John Deere x758
How many of you guys with quick attach loaders actually take them off and what for?? I seem to just drop the front bucket or forks or whatever I have on there to do my mowing etc. What do you do??

John

/ Quick attach loader-who does it?? #2  
I keep mine off for mowing - it's an extra few hundred pounds on a tractor that's already too heavy to be a regular mower. Sadly, my tractor spends most of its time as a mower rather than a tractor... :( Taking off the loader frame is only slightly longer than taking off the bucket - both require getting off the tractor once but taking off the loader also means I need to stand up and a shift into neutral.

/ Quick attach loader-who does it?? #3  
I do both...Take the loader or the bucket off. It's just SOOOO easy!

/ Quick attach loader-who does it?? #4  
At the start of lawn season, I took off the bucket a couple of times and the FEL once. Getting the Bucket / FEL off is a lot easier than getting them back on. Line up 100% and make sure none of the lines are pressure locked and then clean up the inevitable fluid that gets dripped on the MMM - both on and off.

Took the BH off a couple of times as well. I have Turf's and my lawn is not pristine. I decided to leave the FEL / BH / MMM all in place and then everthing is ready for whatever I decide needs doing. Can't say I've noticed any additional damage to the grass. Have to use a bit of caution not to back into something with the BH and have a couple of spots where the FEL needs to be raised so it doesn't dig into a little gully, but other than that - no complaints.

/ Quick attach loader-who does it?? #5  
I have two tractors with loaders. I take them off for the summer for mowing/haying fields and mowing 6 acres of lawn about every 5-7 days. Loaders are very easy to install and uninstall if/when needed especially the 3x20 and 4x20 series as compared to some others I've had.

/ Quick attach loader-who does it?? #6  
I usually leave my loader frame on, but drop off the bucket for mowing. The frame helps put a little counterweight on the front of the tractor for the heavy rear mowers.

Also, it seems like I'm constanty needing to use my loader bucket or pallet forks for some small job and it's just easier to leave the loader on.

I will have to remove it for using the front blade/blower this winter.

/ Quick attach loader-who does it?? #7  
My loader frame stays installed on the JD4115. (My rear view mirrors are mounted from the loader support frame.) I will leave,both, the bucket and dedicated forks unattached until needed. I use a 72" MMM,tiller, and back blade with no problems.

/ Quick attach loader-who does it?? #8  
Hey John! I take the loader off at least seasonally, and replace it with my Meyers/JD power angle plow set-up. Occasionally, if I'm just doing some rake work, and want to shorten things up a bit.
You really thinking of going to the 3320 cab?

/ Quick attach loader-who does it?? #9  
So easy on and off that I take it off when not needed. Leaving the frame and dropping the bucket is another option if you need the loader.

/ Quick attach loader-who does it??
gunmaker said:
Hey John! I take the loader off at least seasonally, and replace it with my Meyers/JD power angle plow set-up. Occasionally, if I'm just doing some rake work, and want to shorten things up a bit.
You really thinking of going to the 3320 cab?

Hello Craig

I am thinking of upgrading my 3320 to a cab because my dad has been helping with some of my work and I think the AC would be good for him. It is looking like I might be keeping the 5203 for a while as I have not had much response for a sale therfore I do not know when I would get to buy a new 4120 as I had planned.

John