Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19
  1. #1
    Super Member AKfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    5,239
    Location
    Kasilof, Alaska
    Tractor
    JD 5075M; JD 110 TLB; JD 4720; Ford 9N; JD X300R

    Default Cheaper wheel spacers for 40x20 series and 110.

    I brought my JD110 TLB home to snow and ice - lot's of it. So, I needed chains like I'd used on my ol' JD970 to maintain the horse corral and driveway, etc.

    Soon discovered that there's not enough clearance between the fender and the 17.5Lx24 R4's to fit my heavy (3/8") tire chains. Hmmphh.. what were those Deere engineer's thinkin'?

    Started looking at the various manufacturers discussed here on TBN; Unverferth, etc. Whew... $800 plus shipping for a set of 4" spacers from Unverferth!!! Must be the titanium alloy with the bold flame, racing stripes!?!

    Not real interested in another mortage for wheel spacers. Long story short -- my local JD dealer suggested I try a set of wheel spacers that are available on Bobcat skid-steers. Perfect!!! They fit like a glove on my 110!! And cheap -- well, cheaper anyway.

    Looking at the lug pattern and the dimensions of the 40x20 series; it looks the same as my 110. So, I'd bet my lunch money that anyone needing a bit more stability and/or room to install chains, etc. on their 40x20 series could help themselves by trying on a pair of Bobcat SS spacers.

    Best of luck.

    AKfish

  2. #2
    Elite Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    4,409
    Location
    Northwest, WA

    Default Re: Cheaper wheel spacers for 40x20 series and 110.

    How much $ ?
    ::Sent from a standard desktop keyboard::

    My Photobucket

  3. #3
    Super Member AKfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    5,239
    Location
    Kasilof, Alaska
    Tractor
    JD 5075M; JD 110 TLB; JD 4720; Ford 9N; JD X300R

    Default Re: Cheaper wheel spacers for 40x20 series and 110.

    $225 for a pair. Hopefully, the prices in Washington will be considerably less than that.

    AKfish

  4. #4
    Super Member AKfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    5,239
    Location
    Kasilof, Alaska
    Tractor
    JD 5075M; JD 110 TLB; JD 4720; Ford 9N; JD X300R

    Default Re: Cheaper wheel spacers for 40x20 series and 110.

    Oh yah, you'll only gain 2 inches per side - 4" total.

  5. #5
    Elite Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Posts
    3,195

    Default Re: Cheaper wheel spacers for 40x20 series and 110.

    Quote Originally Posted by AKfish
    I brought my JD110 TLB home to snow and ice - lot's of it. So, I needed chains like I'd used on my ol' JD970 to maintain the horse corral and driveway, etc.

    Soon discovered that there's not enough clearance between the fender and the 17.5Lx24 R4's to fit my heavy (3/8") tire chains. Hmmphh.. what were those Deere engineer's thinkin'?

    Started looking at the various manufacturers discussed here on TBN; Unverferth, etc. Whew... $800 plus shipping for a set of 4" spacers from Unverferth!!! Must be the titanium alloy with the bold flame, racing stripes!?!

    Not real interested in another mortage for wheel spacers. Long story short -- my local JD dealer suggested I try a set of wheel spacers that are available on Bobcat skid-steers. Perfect!!! They fit like a glove on my 110!! And cheap -- well, cheaper anyway.

    Looking at the lug pattern and the dimensions of the 40x20 series; it looks the same as my 110. So, I'd bet my lunch money that anyone needing a bit more stability and/or room to install chains, etc. on their 40x20 series could help themselves by trying on a pair of Bobcat SS spacers.

    Best of luck.

    AKfish
    Akfish do they have any that fit a 3x20 series by chance?
    Nuru
    JD 3520


  6. #6
    Veteran Member nmu98's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,130
    Tractor
    JD 5203, JD 3720, JD 4110, JD 445, IH 1586, IH 886, IH 404......

    Default Re: Cheaper wheel spacers for 40x20 series and 110.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuru
    Akfish do they have any that fit a 3x20 series by chance?
    x2

    I think 2" spacers would be nice for the 3X20....

  7. #7
    Elite Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Posts
    3,195

    Default Re: Cheaper wheel spacers for 40x20 series and 110.

    Quote Originally Posted by nmu98
    x2

    I think 2" spacers would be nice for the 3X20....
    I was thinking more like 4", but i need to look at what the clearance isssues might be with my Turf Specials.
    Nuru
    JD 3520


  8. #8
    Super Member AKfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    5,239
    Location
    Kasilof, Alaska
    Tractor
    JD 5075M; JD 110 TLB; JD 4720; Ford 9N; JD X300R

    Default Re: Cheaper wheel spacers for 40x20 series and 110.

    The spacers that fit (8 lug) my 110 are used on the Bobcat 250 SS. It's a 9K+lbs machine.

    I didn't look into the wheel size, etc. for the smaller Bobcats but they might have the same dimensions as the 3x20 series machines.

    If you've got a Bobcat dealer nearby -- it might be worth your time to talk with them. My local JD dealer is also the area distributor for Bobcat, so they're very knowledgeable about the interchangeability of the various components.

    Last year I used Bobcat hoe teeth for my JD 8A backhoe.

    AKfish

  9. #9
    Elite Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Posts
    3,195

    Default Re: Cheaper wheel spacers for 40x20 series and 110.

    Quote Originally Posted by AKfish
    The spacers that fit (8 lug) my 110 are used on the Bobcat 250 SS. It's a 9K+lbs machine.

    I didn't look into the wheel size, etc. for the smaller Bobcats but they might have the same dimensions as the 3x20 series machines.

    If you've got a Bobcat dealer nearby -- it might be worth your time to talk with them. My local JD dealer is also the area distributor for Bobcat, so they're very knowledgeable about the interchangeability of the various components.

    Last year I used Bobcat hoe teeth for my JD 8A backhoe.

    AKfish
    Thanks Akfish.
    Nuru
    JD 3520


  10. #10
    Platinum Member Superduper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    504
    Location
    midwest
    Tractor
    John Deere 3120

    Default Re: Cheaper wheel spacers for 40x20 series and 110.

    Would you happen to have the actual part numbers of those spacers so we can ask for them directly? Thanks.
    -----------------------------------------------
    There 's no such thing as idiot-proof; idiots are far too ingenuous.
    JD3120 eHydro, R4's, 300cx FEL, frontier 2060bb, Vrismo S100 Flail mower, AL1240f forks, wheel weights

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
© 2014 TractorByNet.com. TractorByNet is a registered trademark of IMC Digital Universe, Inc. Other trademarks on this page are the property of their respective owners.