Cheaper wheel spacers for 40x20 series and 110.

/ Cheaper wheel spacers for 40x20 series and 110. #1  

AKfish

Tractor
JD 5115M; JD 110 TLB; JD 4720; Ford 9N; JD X300R
I brought my JD110 TLB home to snow and ice - lot's of it. So, I needed chains like I'd used on my ol' JD970 to maintain the horse corral and driveway, etc.

Soon discovered that there's not enough clearance between the fender and the 17.5Lx24 R4's to fit my heavy (3/8") tire chains. Hmmphh.. what were those Deere engineer's thinkin'?

Started looking at the various manufacturers discussed here on TBN; Unverferth, etc. Whew... $800 plus shipping for a set of 4" spacers from Unverferth!!! Must be the titanium alloy with the bold flame, racing stripes!?!

Not real interested in another mortage for wheel spacers. Long story short -- my local JD dealer suggested I try a set of wheel spacers that are available on Bobcat skid-steers. Perfect!!! They fit like a glove on my 110!! And cheap -- well, cheaper anyway.

Looking at the lug pattern and the dimensions of the 40x20 series; it looks the same as my 110. So, I'd bet my lunch money that anyone needing a bit more stability and/or room to install chains, etc. on their 40x20 series could help themselves by trying on a pair of Bobcat SS spacers.

Best of luck.

AKfish

/ Cheaper wheel spacers for 40x20 series and 110.
$225 for a pair. Hopefully, the prices in Washington will be considerably less than that.

AKfish

Oh yah, you'll only gain 2 inches per side - 4" total.

/ Cheaper wheel spacers for 40x20 series and 110. #5  
AKfish said:
I brought my JD110 TLB home to snow and ice - lot's of it. So, I needed chains like I'd used on my ol' JD970 to maintain the horse corral and driveway, etc.

Soon discovered that there's not enough clearance between the fender and the 17.5Lx24 R4's to fit my heavy (3/8") tire chains. Hmmphh.. what were those Deere engineer's thinkin'?

Started looking at the various manufacturers discussed here on TBN; Unverferth, etc. Whew... $800 plus shipping for a set of 4" spacers from Unverferth!!! Must be the titanium alloy with the bold flame, racing stripes!?!

Not real interested in another mortage for wheel spacers. Long story short -- my local JD dealer suggested I try a set of wheel spacers that are available on Bobcat skid-steers. Perfect!!! They fit like a glove on my 110!! And cheap -- well, cheaper anyway.

Looking at the lug pattern and the dimensions of the 40x20 series; it looks the same as my 110. So, I'd bet my lunch money that anyone needing a bit more stability and/or room to install chains, etc. on their 40x20 series could help themselves by trying on a pair of Bobcat SS spacers.

Best of luck.

AKfish

Akfish do they have any that fit a 3x20 series by chance?

/ Cheaper wheel spacers for 40x20 series and 110. #6  
Nuru said:
Akfish do they have any that fit a 3x20 series by chance?

x2

I think 2" spacers would be nice for the 3X20....

/ Cheaper wheel spacers for 40x20 series and 110. #7  
nmu98 said:
x2

I think 2" spacers would be nice for the 3X20....

I was thinking more like 4", but i need to look at what the clearance isssues might be with my Turf Specials.

The spacers that fit (8 lug) my 110 are used on the Bobcat 250 SS. It's a 9K+lbs machine.

I didn't look into the wheel size, etc. for the smaller Bobcats but they might have the same dimensions as the 3x20 series machines.

If you've got a Bobcat dealer nearby -- it might be worth your time to talk with them. My local JD dealer is also the area distributor for Bobcat, so they're very knowledgeable about the interchangeability of the various components.

Last year I used Bobcat hoe teeth for my JD 8A backhoe.

AKfish

/ Cheaper wheel spacers for 40x20 series and 110. #9  
AKfish said:
The spacers that fit (8 lug) my 110 are used on the Bobcat 250 SS. It's a 9K+lbs machine.

I didn't look into the wheel size, etc. for the smaller Bobcats but they might have the same dimensions as the 3x20 series machines.

If you've got a Bobcat dealer nearby -- it might be worth your time to talk with them. My local JD dealer is also the area distributor for Bobcat, so they're very knowledgeable about the interchangeability of the various components.

Last year I used Bobcat hoe teeth for my JD 8A backhoe.

AKfish

Thanks Akfish.

/ Cheaper wheel spacers for 40x20 series and 110. #10  
Would you happen to have the actual part numbers of those spacers so we can ask for them directly? Thanks.