Dual Selective Control Valve (SCV) Lever alternative?

/ Dual Selective Control Valve (SCV) Lever alternative? #1  

kude

Gold Member
In short is there a straight up Dual Selective Control Valve (SCV) Lever available that can take the place of the shaped Dual Selective Control Valve (SCV) Lever?

I have a cab 3520. The Dual Selective Control Valve (SCV) Lever is bent toward me the operator and my leg rubs up against it. I wear shorts during the summer and I got heck of a blister from my leg rubbing against the lever after a particularly long day of mowing. Now that I have the blister healing its still a little sensitive and I still find the leg drifting over and rubbing against it. I guess I could put a pad on the lever, but I'd rather find out if there is another Dual Selective Control Valve (SCV) Lever available that goes straight up. My leg banging into the current one occasionally affects the bucket position too.

/ Dual Selective Control Valve (SCV) Lever alternative? #2  
Have you checked with your JD dealer? More than likely you'll have to fabricate something yourself.

/ Dual Selective Control Valve (SCV) Lever alternative? #3  
I had the same problem on my 2350 I was constantly bumping the control valve and lowering my mower. I didn't check with John Deere. Since I am handy at fabrication I decided to make my own. My original lever was fabricated out of a tube, I made my new one with a 3 foot piece of 1/2" cold rolled rod. The hardest part was making the endpiece that attached to the control valve. Bending it was easy as long as you have a torch. I just reused the rubber knob on the old one. It works super, I no longer have it rubbing the back o f my leg, or side of my thigh. I applied a good primer and two coats of flat black paint. The best thing is no one can even tell its not original! If you want I will take a picture later and post it. I think the whole thing cost me under $5.00. I am now looking to fabricate a step to make getting on and off easier. (got to keep the wife happy, She loves to mow with this new machine)

/ Dual Selective Control Valve (SCV) Lever alternative? #4  
kude; Makes me wonder if the Deluxe Cab has the dual lever a little further away? Or are you real tall? i don't recall bumping into the lever but my eyes are still glazing over on the unit so i might feel it or notice it yet - I hope i don't now!:eek:

/ Dual Selective Control Valve (SCV) Lever alternative? #5  
I don't have my cab yet, but, Would it be possible to reverse the lever and make it so it is bent away from you? A simple 180?

/ Dual Selective Control Valve (SCV) Lever alternative? #6  
Nuru said:
kude; Makes me wonder if the Deluxe Cab has the dual lever a little further away? Or are you real tall? i don't recall bumping into the lever but my eyes are still glazing over on the unit so i might feel it or notice it yet - I hope i don't now!:eek:
I would imagine that JD would use the same control lever to make it more cost effective. I am only 6'ft tall but a real husky guy and loke lots of room. They stock lever cramped my style...but I took care of that. You might want to look at different tractor models, there may be one that fits better....simple job to install, just one bolt to remove.

/ Dual Selective Control Valve (SCV) Lever alternative? #7  
nmu98 said:
I don't have my cab yet, but, Would it be possible to reverse the lever and make it so it is bent away from you? A simple 180?
maybe possible, I am still waiting for my cab also. Hope fully the new lever will fit well, If not I can reheat the lever and adjust accordingly. This is the advantage of a solid steel lever. Thats why I didn't dare to bend the original lever. I might want to put it back on some day. Mine is made of tubing and my past experience is that tubing doesn't bend well, and often kinks. I wanted something that looked original.

/ Dual Selective Control Valve (SCV) Lever alternative?
It's been two years with my cab and I still have my rose colored glasses on. I'm 6"3". This didn't happen last year. I wonder why it is this year. Maybe another tractor model...yeah a 4720 might work...wait..you meant lever from another tractor, darn. A 90 degree clockwise would let my knee not hit. I don't have any welding gear. I suppose a vice could straighten it.

I lifted the boot off and there is a tee like offshoots to three valves, so it is not possible to 180 it with the current lever. The 4x20 series uses the same lever and part number as the 3520. I don't want to fuss with the lever, a straight lever drop in replacement would be desired.

Attached is a picture with my foot on the pedal.

Attachments

• knee rub.jpg
    knee rub.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 310
Last edited:
   / Dual Selective Control Valve (SCV) Lever alternative? #9  
kude said:
I'm 6"3". This didn't happen last year. I wonder why it is this year.

Ah that's simple, as you must have read on this forum many times, tractors get smaller after you've had them a while.

/ Dual Selective Control Valve (SCV) Lever alternative? #10  
Per your picture you are not hitting the scv levers as they are located beside the draft lever. You are contacting the joy stick for the loader. The only thing to do is take it out and heat and bend. The bend in the lever was put there to prevent contact and it does for most people. If you do not have the equipment to bend it just take it to your dealer and they can do it for you.