Oil & Fuel 790 Fuel Solenoid Fuse Problem

/ 790 Fuel Solenoid Fuse Problem #11  
Willl said:
Using your 'math', what kind of amp draw would you get at 1 volt ?

Willl,
I can't answer that unless I also know the power disipated by the unit.

But, for example, if you have a 30Watt device, and you attempt to power it with a 1-volt generator, then that generator would have to produce 30 amps of current (very unlikely).

/ 790 Fuel Solenoid Fuse Problem
I hooked the truck battery up while taking the other battery out of the loop. Everything starts fine and there is no fuse popping when I turn on the headlights. Thanks for all the suggestions, a new battery will appear to solve it.

One interesting observation, however, that I am sure will not be hard to track down is that the headlights do not come on. Fuses are fine, so I checked voltage going to the connectors. The right side gets a steady and uninterrupted stream; the left side appears intermittent. I have a feeling this section of wire/connections needs some cleaning and dialectric grease. I will see.

Update: All fixed. On closer examination, the halogen lightbulb filaments were bad.

Thanks again.

Last edited:
   / 790 Fuel Solenoid Fuse Problem #13  
I have a few of these solenoid Switch FOR YANMAR 119653-77950 for sale. They are the same as woodwards,(JD supplier) purchased from the same company. These are new, $108.32 each and free shipping in United States. Actual shipping anywhere else. Email or pm if interested.

/ 790 Fuel Solenoid Fuse Problem #14  
I have a JD 790 that doesn't seem to be getting fuel to engine. there is fuel and the battery is good. is there any manual override? fuse seems to be fine

/ 790 Fuel Solenoid Fuse Problem #15  
Need to be sure the fuel shutoff solenoid is working. There is a tech manual available (which you didn't ask for ;) ) but no manual override that I know of.

/ 790 Fuel Solenoid Fuse Problem #16  
ok where would i find a tech manual? ok another dumb question where is the fuel filter?

/ 790 Fuel Solenoid Fuse Problem #17  
Fuel filter will look similar to this photo unless your tractor is above SN 790001 -

Attachments

• MP6549_________UN01JAN94.gif
    MP6549_________UN01JAN94.gif
    34.3 KB · Views: 196
   / 790 Fuel Solenoid Fuse Problem #18  
ok where would i find a tech manual?

Google "John Deere 790 service manual" and you should get several hits.

/ 790 Fuel Solenoid Fuse Problem #19  
You may want to check selectmanuals.com for a tech. manual or from John Deere at this site. The John Deere site will provide you with an online version of the operators manuals that will show your were the fuel filter is and how to change it. There is different versions of the operator manual depending on serial number.

John Deere Ag - New Equipment: Technical Publications - Equipment Search

You may also want to look at the following posts:

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...hn-deere-790-fuel-solenoid.html?highlight=790
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...18634-jd-790-fuel-shut-off.html?highlight=790