JD 4320 Hydro Static Transmission Problems

/ JD 4320 Hydro Static Transmission Problems #1  

Hay Pirate

My JD 4320 makes a loud grinding noise at random times when in C-3 or 4. When the "forward" pedal is to the floor. i have to COMPLETELY stop in order for the grinding to stop.
It only happens when going fast in the highest range, C.
:confused:

/ JD 4320 Hydro Static Transmission Problems #2  
I had the same problem a couple of times when traveling down the road. The problem stopped when I figured out that i didn't have the shifter completely in gear. Wiggle the shifter some and it should resolve your problem.

ArkLaTexSam

/ JD 4320 Hydro Static Transmission Problems
hm, good point! sometimes I have trouble getting it into C, so I'll make sure its secure.

Also, what is the button, left of the steering column, has a wheel with an arrow going around the wheel and one going forward?

/ JD 4320 Hydro Static Transmission Problems #4  
You have a tilt steering wheel...?

/ JD 4320 Hydro Static Transmission Problems #5  
AKfish said:
You have a tilt steering wheel...?

I'm quite sure all 4320's have tilt steering as standard -- at least that was the case 8 mos ago when I bought my 4320.

/ JD 4320 Hydro Static Transmission Problems #6  
Hay Pirate said:
Also, what is the button, left of the steering column, has a wheel with an arrow going around the wheel and one going forward?

If I understand you correctly, it is the switch for "LoadMatch feature keeps the tractor from stalling under heavy loads". Mine is ON all the time as I don't have a reason to turn it OFF.

/ JD 4320 Hydro Static Transmission Problems
I'll snap a photo with my phone for reference. I'm pretty sure you're right. I'll try making sure my shifter is in gear as well.
thanks.

/ JD 4320 Hydro Static Transmission Problems #8  
That grinding you're talking about was one heck of a noise. I hope to never here it again.

ArkLaTexSam