Finally got the new Cab 3720 home..........

/ Finally got the new Cab 3720 home.......... #1  

nmu98

Veteran Member
Tractor
JD 5203, JD 3720, JD 4110, JD 445, IH 1586, IH 886, IH 404......
We got a good amount of rain on Tuesday night so there was not much to do in the field....... I thought i would get the top off and look over my radio situation since it looks like the jack at best buy gave me the wrong radio plug (long story)....

Took out the 13 bolts. took off the top and there were the 4 tears in the sealer around the cab. I knew there would be some because I could feel the leak when it was on high on the back left corner....

So the radio is in with no power..... speakers got mounted.... all i need is the right connector and i am in business....:D

/ Finally got the new Cab 3720 home.......... #2  
Congrats on your new 3720, and good luck with the radio install. I would do my own radio install also if I had it to do over on my 3720 (purchased May 2007). Hopefully the weather will be more cooperative today and you can give it a good try out. Are the air leaks easily repairable?? Let us know how it goes.

/ Finally got the new Cab 3720 home..........
I called the dealer to let him know that there was some leaks. He asked me if I could wait to put the top back on until Saturday morning. He wants to come out and replace the seal himself and take photos to send to deere, as he was told this problem was fixed at the factory. This is the owner of the dealership(s).

So, I will get the radio wired up and let it sit til saturday sometime.

/ Finally got the new Cab 3720 home.......... #4  
nmu98 said:
He wants to come out and replace the seal himself and take photos to send to deere, as he was told this problem was fixed at the factory. This is the owner of the dealership(s).

When I was talking to the Tech at the dealership while he did the install, he said they've pretty much made it a habit to double check every new tractor's cab roof seal
They had/have the 3 & 4x20 Roof seals in stock if that tells you anything...

/ Finally got the new Cab 3720 home.......... #5  
CONGRATS ON THE NEW UNIT!

Hmmm, My AC works pretty well, but I think I am gonna inspect my seal just incase.

OBTW - where are those Pics!

Last edited:
I have been busy working... So no pics yet. I was cutting out the radio plug and found 4 more areas that were missing sealer on the inner seal. I have 3 connections to hardwire on the radio and that will be done.. I just need the new seal and to put the top on and I will be in the field.

/ Finally got the new Cab 3720 home.......... #7  
nmu98 said:
I have been busy working... So no pics yet. I was cutting out the radio plug and found 4 more areas that were missing sealer on the inner seal. I have 3 connections to hardwire on the radio and that will be done.. I just need the new seal and to put the top on and I will be in the field.
No problem nmu98, i understand, BTW, can you also get us pics of those new places where you found problems with the seals?

I reinstalled the headliner without any mods sofar as I think I am gonna need the JD kit, but I will compare speakes and see if I keep the Pioneer 4x6 speakers I bought or the JDs - both will fit. One thing though, i looked for the antenna cable that should be installed on the tractor and so far it is not there? The speaker wires and the radio cable and connector are all there, but that antenna cable was not visible. However, next time I look i will remove the top again and then look some more.

I did not take any pics. I still do not have a single pic of the tractor. Sorry. I was in there and so shocked, I just worked to complete it.

The antenna is simply a wire (red) in wire loom. It should come off the back of the radio from a wire that comes out of the radio to what looks like an old style headphone jack. That ussually has a black rubber piece around it. Don't look for anything more than that, there is no metal piece, and it all sits up in the upper plenum by the AC. Its supposed to be routed from the raio up the front center of the cab.

I tested my 3 way pioneers to the JD speakers. No comparison, at all. Just the size of the magnet was a tell tale. I bought the best pioneers I could find, and was affraid the infinity ones would not fit, but they would have and would have been the better way to go IMHO.

/ Finally got the new Cab 3720 home.......... #9  
Just realized you were saying that it comes in the kit. I was looking for a factory installed antenna wire, like in cars:(. The antenna wire is Part #MIA10780, I looked it up in the parts catalog. On the pic it is part number 9

Attachments

• MP37854________UN15MAR06_wire.gif
    MP37854________UN15MAR06_wire.gif
    12.9 KB · Views: 136