Oil & Fuel Need a JD 950 fuel float gauge

/ Need a JD 950 fuel float gauge #1  

BTackett

Gold Member
We have a JD 950 1980 model and the fuel gauge float type is broken. Where can you get a replacement? Local JD dealer looks at me like an Idiot and wants me to bring the original one in and he looked it up and said it only had a cap. I have been to both Deere dealers here and they have been totally useless unless I am interested in a new 40k tractor. I never get that treatment with our Yanmar and it is a 1970 model.

Any help?

It has a red cap and the gauge reads L to Right and not around.

thanks,

Bill

/ Need a JD 950 fuel float gauge #2  
BTackett said:
We have a JD 950 1980 model and the fuel gauge float type is broken. Where can you get a replacement? Local JD dealer looks at me like an Idiot and wants me to bring the original one in and he looked it up and said it only had a cap. I have been to both Deere dealers here and they have been totally useless unless I am interested in a new 40k tractor. I never get that treatment with our Yanmar and it is a 1970 model.

Any help?

It has a red cap and the gauge reads L to Right and not around.

thanks,

Bill

your dealer looked up the wrong part i'm afraid. i just bought one of these for my 950 a few weeks ago. my dealer had it in stock and it cost me $53. not exactly cheap, but it beats guessing where your fuel is when youre out in the field. it is a red cap, but it has 3 metal bars with a plastic "level" which determines how much fuel you have. let me go look and see if i still have the box, and if i do i'll post the exact part number you need to give to your dealer.

/ Need a JD 950 fuel float gauge #3  
here ya go, give him this.

CH15741

/ Need a JD 950 fuel float gauge
That is exactly what mine looks like. I knew it was original. Thanks so much for the part number. I agree, JD is like Harley. EVERYTHING is expensive.

thanks again.

Bill