JD Hydro Top link or Other

/ JD Hydro Top link or Other #1  

nmu98

Veteran Member
Tractor
JD 5203, JD 3720, JD 4110, JD 445, IH 1586, IH 886, IH 404......
I did not get the Top and Tilt when I ordered the tractor because of price, and I would almost never use the tilt. with a cab, i am not able to do things from the operators seat like I used to. With the I match, It would be nice to have the top hydro link.

My dealer will sell me the top link and eveything it needs to work for 226.00. I asked him about the check valves and he said it has none. He said the tractor will act as the check valve and said they would not leak down while running, but might after its turned off.

So.... I have read that ccm has a check valved unit? Anyone know the price? Anyone know why the valves are needed, and does anyone have experience with the JD one.

/ JD Hydro Top link or Other #2  
Here are CCM's prices. My only issues with them have been self-created (the 2520 is a little too tight for the check valves so I have to be careful how I install them - I've destroyed two by crushing them with my implements when I could have just reversed the installation to avoid the issue). I couldn't compare to the JD models, but I know that the JD valve setups are frequently competitively priced to third party and provide a cleaner install.

/ JD Hydro Top link or Other #3  
Chances are pretty good that the JD cylinder will leak down at least a little...the fluid usually bypasses the spool in the valve causing the cylinder to drift.

The CCM cylinder with the POCV will eliminate the possibility of that happening.

The price on the website is $185-$195 depending on the length.

/ JD Hydro Top link or Other
In researching it looks as if the JD one will be cleaner and the CCM will cost more ( 185 plus hoses 45 plus shipping) but probably be better.

The main uses for this tractor, 3 point wise, are an MX rotary cutter, 673 tiller, and a ballast box. I don't use the disc or back blade much at all.

It makes me wonder is the check valves are worth it to the clean install with the deere product.

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

/ JD Hydro Top link or Other #5  
It makes me wonder is the check valves are worth it to the clean install with the deere product.

Here is another fact to consider that may help in your decision:
With a POCV on the cylinder, you can NOT "float" the 3PH. The cylinder will remain locked unless sufficient pressure (500 to 700 lbs. I think is the "cracking" pressure) is applied to the valve.

That is something I never thought of. This is the first tractor i have bought witht he 3rd hydro connection in the back. So do you push the lever all the way forward until it locks like the front end loader? Float would be nice on the rotary cutter. Sometimes it moves more than my swing link allows...

I guess for what I am doing, the locked valves don't seem to be needed. If it were to move a little here and there I would not notice... or it would not hurt.

But the last thing I would want is for it to be spongy.

Anyone have the JD one?

/ JD Hydro Top link or Other #7  
So do you push the lever all the way forward until it locks like the front end loader?

Yes, but not all machines have it...And it's an option on others. I just thought I would mention it.

There are a few here who have the JD setup, have you tried searching? There was a post not to long ago IIRC...

Yes, I have been searching and reading for about an hour. I will tweek my search.

/ JD Hydro Top link or Other #9  
Hello All, anyone have the JD Part number for Hydraulic Top link for the 3000 series units?

I was drastically mislead by my dealer. I called back to get a part number and i was told this hydro top link was not a Deere kit. Evidently Deere wants 600 dollars to part out what you would need. The kit he wanted to sell me is a gannon, or tifco. Part # TLH01.

Needless to say I am going to call CCM...

I just have to figure out the legnth. The 18 to 26.5 or 20 to 32...